how much for a fully fitted conservatory 3x3 in nottinghamshire

Found 22nd Jan 2016
Hi me and the wife are looking at maybe having a new conservatory on the back, it be 3x3in size.
1 side glass /brick
Front glass with doors
Other side plastered as it with fit onto our out building, so in theory it have 2 side which are glass.
And glass roof

What sort of price would this cost (ruff)

The floor is paved at the min so rip up and concete it
Any advice would be great thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskConservatory
12 Comments
Sorry can't tell you how much but would advise slate or tile roof if you can. We have glass roof and it's very noisy when raining
rachman

Sorry can't tell you how much but would advise slate or tile roof if you … Sorry can't tell you how much but would advise slate or tile roof if you can. We have glass roof and it's very noisy when raining

Thanks im looking into that, and have skylights put in. I have out buildings and thinking if to have all knocked down and single store building along the back
Glass roof noisy?? You sure?? It's really got to be hammering down to hear it on ours.
We have a glass roof on ours, would get a tiled roof if I had the cash, as too hot in summer and too cold in winter, I think the tiled food would make it more of a useable space!
rachman

Sorry can't tell you how much but would advise slate or tile roof if you … Sorry can't tell you how much but would advise slate or tile roof if you can. We have glass roof and it's very noisy when raining

our glass roof is not noisy...
Had 3, wouldn't bother with another, they are crap. Too hot, too cold & waste of space all round.
We had a 4x4 with a solid thermaroof from Broadoake m1 in bolsover near Worksop cost 14k all in
Extension with bifiold doors and velux windows will probably be more useful, be cheaper to heat and add more value than a conservatory.
Nath2904

We had a 4x4 with a solid thermaroof from Broadoake m1 in bolsover near … We had a 4x4 with a solid thermaroof from Broadoake m1 in bolsover near Worksop cost 14k all in

Thanks,
Thanks everyone just had windows done from a big company in derby and a guy come out asking if i have another job done we take a big chunk off, lol yea right! But we see
Looking at idea on the back of the house, wife wants bigger kitchen, and the 2 back rooms on the house is kitchen/ dinning room. So we looking at maybe single storey extension the full lenght with skylights maybe?
sme24185

Thanks everyone just had windows done from a big company in derby and a … Thanks everyone just had windows done from a big company in derby and a guy come out asking if i have another job done we take a big chunk off, lol yea right! But we seeLooking at idea on the back of the house, wife wants bigger kitchen, and the 2 back rooms on the house is kitchen/ dinning room. So we looking at maybe single storey extension the full lenght with skylights maybe?

So guess you are looking at a 6x3m extension now.

Couple of points to think about.
1) bespoke items/designs are expensive. For example 6X 780x980 velux style windows can be had for around £1k and will give more light than spending £1k on a bespoke size.
2) Sadly getting the drains moved will cost way more than you think
3) Can you leave a support wall/post between the wall as 2 small steel RSJs are considerably cheaper and easier to work with.
4) If you were thinking about adding a downstairs wc (if you don't already have one) then now would be a good time to think about it.

Good look.
I was in Acorn Windows in Nottingham a week or so back about something else, and just asked this as a general question. They said that conservatories start from about £12k.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants