Groups

how much for lamb leg steaks in butchers?

hi. i'm inviting the family over for a meal on sat and was thinking of making a lamb tagine in my slowcooker. i normally just get the two steaks which (cubed) is enough for myself and my partner. there will be 7 adults altogether, so was just wondering if it would be cheaper to get it from the butchers rather than asda or tesco? and does anyone have any idea of price difference between butchers and supermarkets? thanks in advance.

10 Comments

cant help with lamb as I dont eat it but I find my local butchers a lot cheaper and better quality than the supermarket

a few pounds for a pound

I cant stand the local butchers here... maybe they just aren't very good butchers, i have to cover my mouth and nose when I walk past them as I can "taste" the small of the bad meat, if that makes any sense.

For 7 adults I'd probably spend about a tenner on a whole leg of lamb and slow cook it like you would a pot roast. The meat will just slide off the bone x x x

the price of lamb seems to be coming down really well at the mo but butchers as said above is cheaper and better quality

don't really buy meat from supermarkets as it's not fresh......

but bought a shoulder of lamb about 2 kg on Sat at my butchers which fed 6 people and it cost me £7

About this much ^^^^^

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4945131

I cant stand the local butchers here... maybe they just aren't very good … I cant stand the local butchers here... maybe they just aren't very good butchers, i have to cover my mouth and nose when I walk past them as I can "taste" the small of the bad meat, if that makes any sense.For 7 adults I'd probably spend about a tenner on a whole leg of lamb and slow cook it like you would a pot roast. The meat will just slide off the bone x x x

thats a good idea. i'm sure i dont have to just use leg steaks, it's just because thats what the recipe says to use and i dont want to mess it up!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

choc1969;4945139

don't really buy meat from supermarkets as it's not fresh......but bought … don't really buy meat from supermarkets as it's not fresh......but bought a shoulder of lamb about 2 kg on Sat at my butchers which fed 6 people and it cost me £7

wow thats cheap. will def try the butchers then. thanks:thumbsup:

michelle2207;4945227

wow thats cheap. will def try the butchers then. thanks:thumbsup:

I did this recipe in my slow cooker, was really nice and tender.

cookstr.com/rec…amb :thumbsup:

Original Poster

choc1969;4945604

I did this recipe in my slow cooker, was really nice and tender. … I did this recipe in my slow cooker, was really nice and tender. http://www.cookstr.com/recipes/slow-roasted-greek-lamb :thumbsup:

this looks fab! ive added it to my faves. thanks.:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. "Replica" football shirts11
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?66
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers22
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?77

See more discussions