Groups

How much has internet shopping changed your shopping habits?

I was out shopping with my girlfriend the other day and we were in HMV and they had some newish DVDs out at a reasonable price, I went to pick one up but something in the back of my head said "Hey, that's cheaper online, plus cash back too!", so I left it.
    It started to make me think about how much I have not bought on the high street and I realised that it happens a hell of a lot and I usually do end up saving a fair amount of money, I'm sure if I were to add it up there would be hundreds saved up, plus the cashback too.

So I wondered if this was just me, or are there others out there who hold back on purchases and check the online price over high street.

I'm not saying I go to Sainsbury's to get my dinner then think "woah wait wait wait, Asda have this for 20p cheaper!!", it's generally with electronics, perfumes, books and such.

On a side note, is there a term for us HotUkDealers?
    Like "I was on the net the other day HotDealing/HotHunting etc." ? =p

18 Comments

so you buy your stuff were it is the cheapest? nope I think you're the only one in the world who does that.

I very rarely buy things instore now (games, dvds etc) unless of course it is the cheapest price, after researching on the internet.

Internet shopping has had a massive impact.

i done the same shopping today, with free del codes, quidco etc made it cheaper online, also i HATED the Q's, and crowds, online shopping ftw!

DragonChris;7141496

I very rarely buy things instore now (games, dvds etc) unless of course … I very rarely buy things instore now (games, dvds etc) unless of course it is the cheapest price, after researching on the internet.Internet shopping has had a massive impact.

loupomm;7141513

i done the same shopping today, with free del codes, quidco etc made it … i done the same shopping today, with free del codes, quidco etc made it cheaper online, also i HATED the Q's, and crowds, online shopping ftw!

Agree with you both. Its just the waiting in for parcels that drives me mad!

Do you BG1? Cause judging by the mark up on ur Calvin Klien long johns u couldnt possibly have got them online

4lyons09;7141549

Agree with you both. Its just the waiting in for parcels that drives me … Agree with you both. Its just the waiting in for parcels that drives me mad!

yup been waiting for a cd of cd wow for like 12 days now :x

and i am waiting for stuff of asos too
    :oops:..

am abit of a shopalochic ...

DragonChris;7141496

I very rarely buy things instore now (games, dvds etc) unless of course … I very rarely buy things instore now (games, dvds etc) unless of course it is the cheapest price, after researching on the internet.Internet shopping has had a massive impact.

+me xx

Massively changed my shopping habits I now only shop online or in the supermarkets. Made an exception because my daughter wanted to go to the high street on Saturday, had to stand for 20 minutes on the train to get there, everywhere was packed, shop assistants were rude. Not hard to understand why I did all my Christmas shopping from the comfort of my armchair.

Original Poster

4lyons09;7141549

Agree with you both. Its just the waiting in for parcels that drives me … Agree with you both. Its just the waiting in for parcels that drives me mad!

Yeah I guess that's part of the pros and cons tbh. Unless it's something I urgently need I will most likely get it online, my dad retired a few years back so if I had a parcel he'd usually be in to sign for it, although now he's gone back to work so the postman tends to leave things outside which really annoys me, lol. But if it's a courier I'll arrange a date for when I'm off work.

JohnBall;7141556

Do you BG1? Cause judging by the mark up on ur Calvin Klien long johns u … Do you BG1? Cause judging by the mark up on ur Calvin Klien long johns u couldnt possibly have got them online

ROFL
    BG1 makes 300k a year after tax, he drops billz like water

in HMV and they had some newish DVDs out at a reasonable price, I went to … in HMV and they had some newish DVDs out at a reasonable price, I went to pick one up but something in the back of my head said "Hey, that's cheaper online, plus cash back too!", so I left it.

Do that all the time, i cant believe i used to buy games from places like GAME and HMV without checking [url]www.billybargain.co.uk[/url] first. The difference is often huge.

Hasn't saved me any money i just buy an awful lot more

Original Poster

Yeah! GAME is such a rip!
    Do you remember when Fifa 10 came out a few months back? I told my girlfriend's mum that it was £26 or whatever it was at Asda as she works near one she went to get a copy for her son she popped into GAME to see the price, turns out it was near full retail price, a man was standing next to her with the assistant talking to him, he was just about to buy it when my girlfriend's mum said "You know these are only £26 in Asda." and off they went, she said the anger on the face of the shop assistant's face was hilarious.

Banned

I buy on the internet coz I don´t like to go out too much

saves me money too

Starr;7141611

Do that all the time, i cant believe i used to buy games from places like … Do that all the time, i cant believe i used to buy games from places like GAME and HMV without checking [url]www.billybargain.co.uk[/url] first. The difference is often huge.Hasn't saved me any money i just buy an awful lot more

Never heard of that site before - Favourited :thumbsup:

Starr;7141611

Do that all the time, i cant believe i used to buy games from places like … Do that all the time, i cant believe i used to buy games from places like GAME and HMV without checking [url]www.billybargain.co.uk[/url] first. The difference is often huge.Hasn't saved me any money i just buy an awful lot more

I dont save money i do buy alot more hehe =]

but yer ty for the heads up on that billybargin x

Jammy1812;7141665

Yeah! GAME is such a rip!Do you remember when Fifa 10 came out a few … Yeah! GAME is such a rip!Do you remember when Fifa 10 came out a few months back? I told my girlfriend's mum that it was £26 or whatever it was at Asda as she works near one she went to get a copy for her son she popped into GAME to see the price, turns out it was near full retail price, a man was standing next to her with the assistant talking to him, he was just about to buy it when my girlfriend's mum said "You know these are only £26 in Asda." and off they went, she said the anger on the face of the shop assistant's face was hilarious.

lol, good bless this site for getting me such good deals on new releases :-D

DragonChris;7141690

Never heard of that site before - Favourited :thumbsup:

xbecky07x;7141701

I dont save money i do buy alot more hehe =]but yer ty for the heads up … I dont save money i do buy alot more hehe =]but yer ty for the heads up on that billybargin x

No probs, i always use Billybargain dont know why :santa:

black gerbil1;7141473

so you buy your stuff were it is the cheapest? nope I think you're the … so you buy your stuff were it is the cheapest? nope I think you're the only one in the world who does that.

But he can spell and punctuate a sentence too!

I have done absolutely all my christmas shopping - right down to the the wrapping paper - online. I have saved a fortune as you know what its like instore - u pick up even more stuff u prob didnt need.

My sister is a branch manager in a shopping centre and told me that the shops on saturday were absolutely heaving and Argos was queued out the door. I just couldnt be bothered with that. Internet shopping is a life saver!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213614
      3. Sad news about Barcelona2399
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257

See more discussions