Groups

How much has your Gas supplier charged you over the last 12 months ?

How much has your Gas supplier charged you over the last 12 months ?

Just been looking at mine and was wondering how much everyone else's cost ??

I think im a average user... but would like to see if i really am!!

Im not wanting to go into massive detail of comparing units used etc... just over all cost..

Cheers

Rick

23 Comments

Banned

£540 - family of 5

Original Poster

thedealsealer

£540 - family of 5

That's not bad... Do you pro-actively monitor the gas usage or just use what you need and wait for the bill??

Edited by: "RickT" 9th Feb 2011

Banned

RickT

That's not bad... Do you pro-actively monitor the gas usage or just use … That's not bad... Do you pro-actively monitor the gas usage or just use what you need and wait for the bill??

use what we need and wait for the bill

Just over £110 for the year. 2 people in an apartment.

Original Poster

dh058977

Just over £110 for the year. 2 people in an apartment.

WOW...When i had an appartment years ago it was cheap as chips!

not sure what ours is over the year but my gas bill has just gone up to £89 a month for the next 5 months to cover what we used nov dec and jan, before that is was 40 odd a month. we had it on high constantly from middle of november when i had my son to make sure it was warm so we used alot.

RickT

WOW...When i had an appartment years ago it was cheap as chips!

Do you think thats quite alot then? Its quite big 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms but I thought that was cheap! lol

Live in a 2 up 2 down, used just under £300 last 12 months. Mainly just after Aug wen daughter was born. Pre pay meter as rent.

on a side note how expencive is everyones electriity?

Approx £600 for Gas - CH and Cooking

Pay £85 a month for electricity - too many boys toys !!!

nebno6

on a side note how expencive is everyones electriity?

we pay £181pm gas and elec by direct debit.

I have no gas in my house, only electric and for the winter months I pay about £300 per quarter.

We pay £101 per month for elec & gas combined.
    3 bedroom semi, 2 kids and associated gadgets.

Banned

£80 per month for gas & electric (4 bed detached on the beach).

my last gas bill was £370 for a quarter, seems a lot compared to what others are posting

tinkerbell28

Mine was £360 the last 1/4.

mines not over the top then in that case, £130 for electricity for the last quarter

Banned

I was with EDF for leccy (approx £400 per quarter) and Southern Electic for gas (£180 per quarter)

I'm now with ScottishPower since last August. I cant fathom what my bill is! They got my opeing reading wrong. They did correct it, but have now changed it again to the incorrect reading. I cant even enter ANY meter reading for gas or electricity as it keeps saying my gas reading is wrong.

Ive emailed them countless times. Think I need to contact OfGEM and get them to kick their asses.

Banned

csiman

£80 per month for gas & electric (4 bed detached on the beach).

Do you turn anything on?

No gas where we live ( have oil central heating) but electric was 760 for the last quarter. Family of 5 at home

Mine was £41 a month for gas 2 up 2 down, but i'm £89 in credit at the moment. I attempted to move to E-on from british gas and got a call to say i'd have to have a pre-paid meter or give them a £200 deposit, because of my credit check, cue lots of panicking, getting credit reports from experien and equifax, turns out i have a brilliant credit rating! Seems to be a scam to me to get more money on prepaid cards,or bank your £200 and take the interest.

Original Poster

dh058977

Do you think thats quite alot then? Its quite big 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms … Do you think thats quite alot then? Its quite big 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms but I thought that was cheap! lol

i meant i remember when my bills were that cheap!

we ended up with British gas when we moved house because swalec messed up my accounts, just had my final gas & elec bills off them , so since we moved June 28th last year i have now paid £1200 gas and £700 electric. was on their standard tariff.
    these are 6 month bills, on a 4 bed house, gas central heating and cooking , normal electric gadgets. we didnt put the heating on until Oct 5th when we came back off holidays .
    Swalec made a big mess and ive finally got them to agree to reimburse me the difference between the capped tariff i was on with them and the standard tariff with BG. at our old house we paid £65 a month electric and £55 gas a month. Always in credit with the gas in the winter ready for the big bills same with the electric
    Edited by: "vinylandtrinkets" 9th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies..

At around £700 pa for Gas, i think i am around an average customer then..

Thanks

Rick
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      2. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88
      4. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO22

See more discussions