Groups
    EXPIRED

how much holiday am i entitle too?

left my job recently in retail, 14/11/14 was my last day, was on a 8 hour contract, so had 45 hours holiday, used up 1 week so 38 hours left, worked there for 2 years, how much holiday am i entilted to?

my work have not paid, as usual ignored me asking fobbing me off (going to ring headoffice, just wondering how many hours im due?

15 Comments

Not paid you for what, your recent work week or what? Your post lacks a lot of information.

Based on the numbers you've given, you had 5.6 weeks entitlement per year(?) That's more than retail usually give, in my experience.

If you had 38 hours left from the year, that would be 4.75 weeks pay. i.e. 38 hours pay.

However, you don't mention when your holiday year starts and finishes, which is critical for working this out. You may have lost most of your holiday, if for example your holiday year ran Sept-Aug.

Original Poster

rikkif1990

Not paid you for what, your recent work week or what? Your post lacks a … Not paid you for what, your recent work week or what? Your post lacks a lot of information.

Ive left, and wondered if they owe me holiday pay, sorry forgot to add

your holiday runs out each year if you don't use them - have you looked at your contract as to how many days they said you could have a year as this can vary from company to company

Original Poster

Mermoo

Based on the numbers you've given, you had 5.6 weeks entitlement per … Based on the numbers you've given, you had 5.6 weeks entitlement per year(?) That's more than retail usually give, in my experience.If you had 38 hours left from the year, that would be 4.75 weeks pay. i.e. 38 hours pay.However, you don't mention when your holiday year starts and finishes, which is critical for working this out. You may have lost most of your holiday, if for example your holiday year ran Sept-Aug.

when i said one week i meant 8 hour shift, as thats all i work, i will find out this

Original Poster

thanks for help will find out information needed and repost

whelan189

when i said one week i meant 8 hour shift, as thats all i work, i will … when i said one week i meant 8 hour shift, as thats all i work, i will find out this

I understand that, but how do you know you had 45hrs holiday? Have you read that in your contract?

you need to say when your holiday year starts - some start Jan, some Apr, some Sept - so that is vital info. Also we need to know what the annual amount is (I get 29 days per year - some only give 20), - we should be able to work it out from there.

you say you have 45 left and took 8 that means you only have 37 left now - so if your holiday year starts in September and you only get 20 days per year it could mean you only have 4.5 days due (if you've not had any more since September. BUT if your years starts in April and you get 20 per year and have only taken 1 day you've got 12.5 days left. So full information is crucial to know if your entitled to anything

Original Poster

Mermoo

I understand that, but how do you know you had 45hrs holiday? Have you … I understand that, but how do you know you had 45hrs holiday? Have you read that in your contract?

not in contract, but it was 45 hours, i took as they told me how much i had left, as i asked how much holiday i had, no idea when there start finish is, need to find it out omehow

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l

you say you have 45 left and took 8 that means you only have 37 left now … you say you have 45 left and took 8 that means you only have 37 left now - so if your holiday year starts in September and you only get 20 days per year it could mean you only have 4.5 days due (if you've not had any more since September. BUT if your years starts in April and you get 20 per year and have only taken 1 day you've got 12.5 days left. So full information is crucial to know if your entitled to anything

thanks you will find out and let you know, will ask my mother who works there still she can find out and work out, the company was so bad, 'dunelm mill' the managers are not ass holes its the company making them be ass holes, staff get treated like slaves

whelan189

not in contract, but it was 45 hours, i took as they told me how much i … not in contract, but it was 45 hours, i took as they told me how much i had left, as i asked how much holiday i had, no idea when there start finish is, need to find it out omehow

45hrs per year on an 8hr contract equates to 5.6weeks per year. If your holiday year runs Jan-Dec, you'll still be owed a big chunk of holiday pay. Try ringing Human Resources and asking them when the holiday year starts and finishes - they should be able to tell you within seconds. They may also be able to get the money to you much faster if you explain that you're having problems with the store where you worked.

Original Poster

Mermoo

45hrs per year on an 8hr contract equates to 5.6weeks per year. If your … 45hrs per year on an 8hr contract equates to 5.6weeks per year. If your holiday year runs Jan-Dec, you'll still be owed a big chunk of holiday pay. Try ringing Human Resources and asking them when the holiday year starts and finishes - they should be able to tell you within seconds. They may also be able to get the money to you much faster if you explain that you're having problems with the store where you worked.

could not find there number, have asked my mom to get it from a manger, cant find it online, grr, they were meant to have paid it 3 days ago on my month pay check but didnt

sn0ttyang3l

you say you have 45 left and took 8 that means you only have 37 left now … you say you have 45 left and took 8 that means you only have 37 left now - so if your holiday year starts in September and you only get 20 days per year it could mean you only have 4.5 days due (if you've not had any more since September. BUT if your years starts in April and you get 20 per year and have only taken 1 day you've got 12.5 days left. So full information is crucial to know if your entitled to anything

Op has said they get 45hrs per year, which is essentially 5.6 weeks per year (28 days) (although this is v.high for retail employers and will probably turn out to be inaccurate). Full information is, as you say crucial.
    Edited by: "Mermoo" 8th Dec 2014

whelan189

could not find there number, have asked my mom to get it from a manger, … could not find there number, have asked my mom to get it from a manger, cant find it online, grr, they were meant to have paid it 3 days ago on my month pay check but didnt

If all else fails, contact this lady: uk.linkedin.com/pub…589
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1637
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      3. Biscuit addiction2060
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810

See more discussions