Groups

How much import duty for a $179 product?

As title says, looking to import something from the U.S, any ideas how much it will set me back?

Thanks in advance.

5 Comments

depends if its clothes / electricals etc.

You will probably be also charged [email protected]% plus some couriers can and do charge an administration fee depending on whom delivers your item.

As mentioned above, really depends on the item - in some cases there is no duty (such as camera bodies) but with others there is. (camera lenses are 7%). It's lenses I've mainly imported which are %duty+%vat+admin fee which added up to a reasonable percentage of the original cost of the item.

John

Johnmcl7;2502173

As mentioned above, really depends on the item - in some cases there is … As mentioned above, really depends on the item - in some cases there is no duty (such as camera bodies) but with others there is. (camera lenses are 7%). It's lenses I've mainly imported which are %duty+%vat+admin fee which added up to a reasonable percentage of the original cost of the item.John

you are very clever
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions