how much is a 1st ed of harry potter philosier stone worth

10 replies
Found 5th May 2009
hey i got a first editon of harry potter and philosher stone is it worth much its in welsh not english

10 Comments

not if it got as many spelling mistakes as your post.

Someone selling one for £18 on amazon.

The 1st edition of the original book was so rare because limited numbers were made for libraries and schools afaik

Original Poster

or was the only ever one edition of the welsh one

If I was you I'd phone a bookstore or something and ask.

as its in a dying language it might be worth more :whistling::p

Banned

depends whether its really a 1st edition, or a first printing of a new edition i.e. 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

the very first editions werent printed by bloomsbury as i understand, but another publishing house.

I think the really rare and expensive ones (in english) had a limited run with a different publisher address in the front cover. Can't remember the exact details.

Original Poster

mine 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and the isbn is 0-7475-6930-4 and it says bloomburg in it so dont look liek its worth much then does it :?

I have a few old books (that are probably worth nothing) like a book on Japan from 1874 and a library edition of Huckleberry Finn from 1910.

Good website to work out average market costs of books....

]Heres your Welsh Potter..

Looks like could be worth up to £45 if mint and the right copy, although average looks about £10-£15
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769542
    2. Add one, leave one game54415458
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions