How much is a ds worth traded in at game ???

Found 21st Apr 2009
My ex is going to buy my daughter a second hand ds lite for her birthday, as he is so tight he wants to trade her normal ds in first to save him some money, but i would rather keep her original ds for my 5 year old to play with so does anyone know how much game would give for a trade in before he trys to rip me off, cheers guys

56 Comments

ive seen the old ds for sale second hand in there window for £50 so they must be making on that so probably £35 but must have charger etc else they wont take it. tight sod tell him to get his hand in his pocket i take it he is her father?

Sounds like u need to trade HIM in!!!

Game sell the old school fat DS + 2 games (mario + sonic and party carnival) for £59.99
Given 2 DS games worth £25 back that makes the DS worth approx £34.99 - trade in therefore would probably be about £20.

Phone your local store, they will tell you over the phone.

Talk him into keeping the old one ,One of the best things about DSs is the multiplayer function and they will have fun just sending each other mesages or playing multiplayer games,

how much game would give for a trade in before he trys to rip me off,

How could he rip you off? A DS lite is more expensive. :?

Do you mean you've decided to keep the DS? If that's the case, you need to know how much a DS lite costs.

Original Poster

He is, tight as they come, he buys the kids second hand stuff or wraps up his old games and gives them to them yet he has a new dsi (and so does his new wife), wii, wii fit etc it makes me want to scream:-D

thesaint;4985752

How could he rip you off? A DS lite is more expensive. :?Do you mean … How could he rip you off? A DS lite is more expensive. :?Do you mean you've decided to keep the DS?

well i dont agree with you maybe it is more expensive but he shouldnt be taking one to replace with another its like the childs getting nothing or at least thats the way i look at it but anyway should not take something off any child to sell to buy something else but like i say that is my thoughts if i was in her situation i would tell him to get stuffed and just buy it my self.

surfbunny;4985767

He is, tight as they come, he buys the kids second hand stuff or wraps up … He is, tight as they come, he buys the kids second hand stuff or wraps up his old games and gives them to them yet he has a new dsi (and so does his new wife), wii, wii fit etc it makes me want to scream:-D

I'd sell the old one here.

Im currently interested in one, along with a lot of people on here.

Depending on condtion they will go for more. I doubt Game would give you £35 though I maybe wrong.

surfbunny;4985767

He is, tight as they come, he buys the kids second hand stuff or wraps up … He is, tight as they come, he buys the kids second hand stuff or wraps up his old games and gives them to them yet he has a new dsi (and so does his new wife), wii, wii fit etc it makes me want to scream:-D

Forget about what he and his wife has, some kids get nothing.
Why not focus on the questions about the DS lite that he has offered to put the extra towards.

greyparrot;4985778

well i dont agree with you maybe it is more expensive but he shouldnt be … well i dont agree with you maybe it is more expensive but he shouldnt be taking one to replace with another its like the childs getting nothing or at least thats the way i look at it but anyway should not take something off any child to sell to buy something else but like i say that is my thoughts if i was in her situation i would tell him to get stuffed and just buy it my self.

The child is getting a DS lite, when they had a DS, I don't understand the people on here.
I sold my sons old bkack DS lite, and got him a brand new blue one that he wanted, should I have let him have 2?

Original Poster

thesaint;4985752

How could he rip you off? A DS lite is more expensive. :?Do you mean … How could he rip you off? A DS lite is more expensive. :?Do you mean you've decided to keep the DS? If that's the case, you need to know how much a DS lite costs.

He wants to trade her ds in to get money off a second hand ds lite and i know he will charge me more to keep the original ds, than what he would get as atrade in price

surfbunny;4985767

oh one of those men where the kids get all crap and they get the best, thats just not on i hate people like that if i was you i would try and get him to hand over some cash so you can take your daughter out shopping to pick what she wants you can always get a ds lite off littlewoods for £119 and pay for it 52 weeks interest free.

Adam2050;4985795

I'd sell the old one here.Im currently interested in one, along with a … I'd sell the old one here.Im currently interested in one, along with a lot of people on here.Depending on condtion they will go for more. I doubt Game would give you £35 though I maybe wrong.

i sold one on ebay in febuary and it didnt even have the charger and i got £65 for it.

surfbunny;4985800

He wants to trade her ds in to get money off a second hand ds lite and i … He wants to trade her ds in to get money off a second hand ds lite and i know he will charge me more to keep the original ds, than what he would get as atrade in price

sorry love but he sounds a right ass

Dont let him have the DS to trade in!
It is not his to trade in!

Original Poster

thesaint;4985799

Forget about what he and his wife has, some kids get nothing. Why not … Forget about what he and his wife has, some kids get nothing. Why not focus on the questions about the DS lite that he has offered to put the extra towards.

Thats easy to say, but its hard when he used to spend lots of time with them and help out with clothes and stuff and now he sees them once every 6 weeks and gives me £13 a week each, when i know he earns £500 a week. He says a second hand ds lite is £70, and he wants to trade the normal ds that we have in so it costs him £30, but he wants me to give him £45 to keep the original one for my other daughter to play with

surfbunny;4985800

He wants to trade her ds in to get money off a second hand ds lite and i … He wants to trade her ds in to get money off a second hand ds lite and i know he will charge me more to keep the original ds, than what he would get as atrade in price

So, as suggested before, you need to phone Game and ask them

(a) How much they give trade in for a DS for a DS lite.
(b) How much a DS lite costs cash.

surfbunny;4985854

He says a second hand ds lite is £70, and he wants to trade the normal … He says a second hand ds lite is £70, and he wants to trade the normal ds that we have in so it costs him £30, but he wants me to give him £45 to keep the original one for my other daughter to play with

This is the 1st time you mentioned this.

Original Poster

magough;4985625

Sounds like u need to trade HIM in!!!

I did !!! thats half of his problem lol :whistling:

Original Poster

thesaint;4985861

So, as suggested before, you need to phone Game and ask them(a) How much … So, as suggested before, you need to phone Game and ask them(a) How much they give trade in for a DS for a DS lite.(b) How much a DS lite costs cash.

Yes def, should of thought of that one!!! cheers guys

thesaint;4985799

Forget about what he and his wife has, some kids get nothing. Why not … Forget about what he and his wife has, some kids get nothing. Why not focus on the questions about the DS lite that he has offered to put the extra towards.The child is getting a DS lite, when they had a DS, I don't understand the people on here.I sold my sons old bkack DS lite, and got him a brand new blue one that he wanted, should I have let him have 2?

you sold it to get a brand new one but this fella wants to sell to buy another second hand one i dont see it as doing anything for her birthday really as he probably didnt buy her the one shes got so i see it as he is taking something from her to sell to buy something else second hand and all it is for is too be as tight as possible with his cash not much thought really is it.

Original Poster

greyparrot;4985778

well i dont agree with you maybe it is more expensive but he shouldnt be … well i dont agree with you maybe it is more expensive but he shouldnt be taking one to replace with another its like the childs getting nothing or at least thats the way i look at it but anyway should not take something off any child to sell to buy something else but like i say that is my thoughts if i was in her situation i would tell him to get stuffed and just buy it my self.

I agree totally, there is nothing wrong with her ds, he just wants to get her a ds lite, i figure if its not broken why replace it

Surf Bunny... JUST SAY NO!.

Christ its your little girls toy, not your sorry excuse for an ex's! He has no rights to trade it in, it is not his property, and therfore cannot charge you to keep it! Dont be strongarmed by this tight pompous ass.

Sorry, missed the EX bit.
Sounds like u did the right thing getting rid!!
If he doesn't live with you anymore, just tell him that the old ds has been broken and make up an excuse how it got broken.

surfbunny as your daughter gets older she will realise what he is like and he will pay the costs for it believe me i have 2 stepdaugters that have lived with me for 7 years now aged 13 and 14 and there mother has not sent them anything in that time and they hate her massively.

Jetpac;4985894

Surf Bunny... JUST SAY NO!.Christ its your little girls toy, not your … Surf Bunny... JUST SAY NO!.Christ its your little girls toy, not your sorry excuse for an ex's! He has no rights to trade it in, it is not his property, and therfore cannot charge you to keep it! Dont be strongarmed by this tight pompous ass.

magough;4985898

Sorry, missed the EX bit.Sounds like u did the right thing getting … Sorry, missed the EX bit.Sounds like u did the right thing getting rid!!If he doesn't live with you anymore, just tell him that the old ds has been broken and make up an excuse how it got broken.

...and if he is as tight as you have judged him to be despite him not having his say, he will decide not to get anything at all. I am sure the child would like to keep the secret that the old DS does actually work.

Let me send the thanks from the child. :roll:

thesaint;4985921

...and if he is as tight as you have judged him to be despite him not … ...and if he is as tight as you have judged him to be despite him not having his say, he will decide not to get anything at all.Let me send the thanks from the child. :roll:

then i would let him send nothing at all if it was me because if he cannot make an effort with his daughter on her birthday then he is a father not worth having.

surfbunny;4985854

Thats easy to say, but its hard when he used to spend lots of time with … Thats easy to say, but its hard when he used to spend lots of time with them and help out with clothes and stuff and now he sees them once every 6 weeks and gives me £13 a week each, when i know he earns £500 a week. He says a second hand ds lite is £70, and he wants to trade the normal ds that we have in so it costs him £30, but he wants me to give him £45 to keep the original one for my other daughter to play with

Its not GAME u need to be going to it's the CSA!!!

If he earns that he should be paying you £100 a week for 2 kids NOT £26.
Believe me i know

magough;4985940

Its not GAME u need to be going to it's the CSA!!!If he earns that he … Its not GAME u need to be going to it's the CSA!!!If he earns that he should be paying you £100 a week for 2 kids NOT £26.Believe me i know

totally agree she needs to get on to them some men i will never understand them.

greyparrot;4985937

then i would let him send nothing at all if it was me because if he … then i would let him send nothing at all if it was me because if he cannot make an effort with his daughter on her birthday then he is a father not worth having.

Yes... I am sure the child would prefer that option.

Original Poster

You lot are right i should stand up to him more, i phoned game and they said that they give £30 trade in price, but you are right she will be 13 next week and her little sister is 5 , i figure a little white lie wont hurt LOL

He said that if i got the csa involved he would quit his job so that i would nothing

thesaint;4985959

Yes... I am sure the child would prefer that option.

i take it you are male and have no kids yourself.(would you be like that with your kids yes or no.)

As u said we haven't heard from the other party so we don't know their feelings but yesy it is a possibility

I personally think a child should have contact with both their parents unless the parent is having an adverse effect on the child and not bringing them up right or worse but as has been said, we don't know the whole situation here n were kinda gettin off topic now!!

surfbunny;4985975

He said that if i got the csa involved he would quit his job so that i … He said that if i got the csa involved he would quit his job so that i would nothing

AHAHAHAHA that is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard.
in theses current economic times?

AHAHAHAHAHAH!

call the CSA love and do yourself a favour!
If you have his work details they can take it straight out of his pay i believe..

What an absolute ***** this guy is

greyparrot;4985981

i take it you are male and have no kids yourself.(would you be like that … i take it you are male and have no kids yourself.(would you be like that with your kids yes or no.)

You assume...(Read the thread).

Original Poster

Jetpac;4985997

AHAHAHAHA that is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard.in theses … AHAHAHAHA that is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard.in theses current economic times? AHAHAHAHAHAH!call the CSA love and do yourself a favour!If you have his work details they can take it straight out of his pay i believe..What an absolute ***** this guy is

Your right , i think he is due a pay rise at the end of the month as well so i think i will get the ball rolling:whistling:

surfbunny;4985975

You lot are right i should stand up to him more, i phoned game and they … You lot are right i should stand up to him more, i phoned game and they said that they give £30 trade in price, but you are right she will be 13 next week and her little sister is 5 , i figure a little white lie wont hurt LOLHe said that if i got the csa involved he would quit his job so that i would nothing

im sure he wouldnt i would go to them and let him quit see how long he lasts cos if he quits a job he wont get benifits he is taking you for a fool stand up to him i hate men like this :thumbsup:

surfbunny;4985975

You lot are right i should stand up to him more, i phoned game and they … You lot are right i should stand up to him more, i phoned game and they said that they give £30 trade in price, but you are right she will be 13 next week and her little sister is 5 , i figure a little white lie wont hurt LOLHe said that if i got the csa involved he would quit his job so that i would nothing

lol heard all that crap before its rubbish believe me get on to the csa and lets see how far he gets giving up his job as jobseekers will pay him £60 a fortnight and make him search for a job he would be s**ting on his own shirt there love plus i would like to see how long the new wife sticks around when she has to keep him as he has no income. dont fall for that one plus he will also owe you alot of back payment either that or i would tell him straight you want £50 a week off him or you will take it too the csa as £26 is not enough for christs sake my partner used to pay £30 per week for his 2 before they came to live with me and that was 10 years ago.

Just tell him not to bother.

sounds totally selfish to me wanting to spend his cash to upgrade your kids ds.

greyparrot;4986028

lol heard all that crap before its rubbish believe me get on to the csa … lol heard all that crap before its rubbish believe me get on to the csa and lets see how far he gets giving up his job as jobseekers will pay him £60 a fortnight and make him search for a job he would be s**ting on his own shirt there love plus i would like to see how long the new wife sticks around when she has to keep him as he has no income. dont fall for that one plus he will also owe you alot of back payment either that or i would tell him straight you want £50 a week off him or you will take it too the csa as £26 is not enough for christs sake my partner used to pay £30 per week for his 2 before they came to live with me and that was 10 years ago.

im sure you cant get jsa if you leave a job willingly i think u have to of been paid off my bro in law was sacked and they wouldnt give him it they said he made him self unemployed by getting sacked

greyparrot;4986028

lol heard all that crap before its rubbish believe me get on to the csa … lol heard all that crap before its rubbish believe me get on to the csa and lets see how far he gets giving up his job as jobseekers will pay him £60 a fortnight and make him search for a job he would be s**ting on his own shirt there love plus i would like to see how long the new wife sticks around when she has to keep him as he has no income. dont fall for that one plus he will also owe you alot of back payment either that or i would tell him straight you want £50 a week off him or you will take it too the csa as £26 is not enough for christs sake my partner used to pay £30 per week for his 2 before they came to live with me and that was 10 years ago.

I wouldnt even do that.

if his weekly income is £500 as you say then you are entitled to £100 a week according to CSA.
Let the ****** twist in the wind.

If he does go unemployed (Which he wont) all the better as he wont be able to support himself. He will then get another job eventually and you claim the CSA on that as even if he was earning £200 a week he would still owe you £40 per week in Child support
Post a comment
@
    Text