Groups

How much is an Xbox 360 core console worth?

I hope that I have put this in the right place, My sons 360 core got the ring of death 2 days before christmas, so I got him a new Arcade console, as he had the hard drive, and Christmas wouldnt have been that great with Games and no Xbox.

I got the package back today from Microsft and they have sent me a new core console, I also have the original box for the old core console, so it it would be the power brick, wires and console only, no controllers, any ideas how much it wouuld be worth.

Thanks Natalie

17 Comments

Original Poster

It would be a used power brick and cables .

What was the manufacture date of the console?

Original Poster

Hi all put back in the box but september 09, I think had a look at that, thats the only thing I knew what to look at, have to be up early so am going offline now, thanks for your time NAT:)

NattyD;7656207

Hi all put back in the box but september 09, I think had a look at that, … Hi all put back in the box but september 09, I think had a look at that, thats the only thing I knew what to look at, have to be up early so am going offline now, thanks for your time NAT:)

It was manufactured in SEP 09, and it's been repaired already?
    Are you sure that's not when it was repaired?

Original Poster

No they sent me a new one, they have scrapped the old one,

I see, so they have sent you a new Arcade console with an HDMI output?
    If so, i'd say it's worth between £60 and £80 dpending on where it's sold.

If you plan to sell it here, you are looking at the lower end of the scale, but you'd need to get this thread closed by a moderator and wait 7 days before listing it.

Original Poster

Thanks for your help, how do I tell if its a Core or Arcade as the original was a core that I sent back, I know Dumb question, Thank You

NattyD;7664155

Thanks for your help, how do I tell if its a Core or Arcade as the … Thanks for your help, how do I tell if its a Core or Arcade as the original was a core that I sent back, I know Dumb question, Thank You

I am not up on my Xboxes, but I thought a core related to it having a 20GB hard drive.
    Does it have HDMI output?

Banned

thesaint;7664355

I am not up on my Xboxes, but I thought a core related to it having a … I am not up on my Xboxes, but I thought a core related to it having a 20GB hard drive.Does it have HDMI output?

no the core is essentially the same as the arcade the premium came with a 20 gig HDD

Original Poster

thesaint;7664355

I am not up on my Xboxes, but I thought a core related to it having a … I am not up on my Xboxes, but I thought a core related to it having a 20GB hard drive.Does it have HDMI output?

No cores have nothing I think, Urm HDMI, Will get it out of the box and look, good at this arent I (Not!):)

It seems you weren't given a core in return going by the manufacture date, and the wiki links provided.

Original Poster

dontasciime;7664409

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Xbox_360_Corehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Xbox_360_Arcade

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;7664435

no the core is essentially the same as the arcade the premium came with a … no the core is essentially the same as the arcade the premium came with a 20 gig HDD

Thanks will look now:oops:

Banned

the premium console would also have a chrome fronted disc tray and a core would have a white one

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;7664484

the premium console would also have a chrome fronted disc tray and a core … the premium console would also have a chrome fronted disc tray and a core would have a white one

Thanks definately a core then, No HDMI as well, oh well better that nothing the 3 years was just about up anyway , and the date manufactures was the 23/07/2009, i was a couple of months out not looking properly:)

Original Poster

thesaint;7664452

It seems you weren't given a core in return going by the manufacture … It seems you weren't given a core in return going by the manufacture date, and the wiki links provided.

Not sure still, as has no HDMI, didnt think they had them anymore, maybe they have some made for people like me, that don't know much Lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846341
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4141833
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764645
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work44

See more discussions