how much is it for a passport these days?

Found 30th Sep 2010
my girlfreind wants to go on holiday but i dont have a passport how much is it to get one now? and how long do they take to come
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
As you're too lazy to Google lol

Prices
I think mine was £80 a couple of months ago.
Original Poster Banned
thank you m8ts
depends if you want a real one or a fake one......
I sent off my renewal yesterday with a cheque for £77.50, the robbing b*stards!
Absolutely disgusting isn't it. It's going to cost me £350 before I even start to look for a foreign holiday.

I can sort of understand new ones costing more for the legwork in sorting out the details, background and paperwork but just for renewals I think the price is extortionate.

But you do not have any choice and they know it, another example of being ripped off in this country.
greg_681 person likes this

Absolutely disgusting isn't it. It's going to cost me £350 before I even … Absolutely disgusting isn't it. It's going to cost me £350 before I even start to look for a foreign holiday.I can sort of understand new ones costing more for the legwork in sorting out the details, background and paperwork but just for renewals I think the price is extortionate.But you do not have any choice and they know it, another example of being ripped off in this country.

Agree, plus it also cost me £4 for photos plus nearly £2 for postage so really its cost me about £83!
Yes, UK citizens are ripped off as the sysytem is far too flawed and any Tom, Dick or Harry can get hold of a UK passport it seems

Looking at prices across the world, the UK do seem the costliest:

[img]docs.google.com/viewer?pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESi3vyGfawqHEYSFU13fDiNcUB0LaOQLE9Y2BCqC9qj_CYibgPzwgKG6eMtvHkw153Vla-lAZhA9nA2jRjJ0AHDQUZfzhy6syWc6UpghDETGLehhUIyf8ZTKJIJBCAuRb418J8fU&q=cache%3AwkRM1nUieGwJ%3Awww.ips.gov.uk%2Fcps%2Ffiles%2Fips%2Flive%2Fassets%2Fdocuments%2FPassport_fees_comparison_June_2010_(public_for_web).pdf%20world%20passpport%20comparison%20fees&docid=87f0ea0df9a19d6d9e1bbb61d0bc215f&a=bi&pagenumber=1&w=1200[/img]
Can't really understand why something like biometric systems aren't used in conjuction with passports, surely this would tighten security up a great deal throughout the world

My daughters school uses fingerprint scanning for logging school dinners prices to her bill ffs.
Edited by: "greg_68" 30th Sep 2010
Original Poster Banned
really dear prices for them might just goto a b+b down the road for a holiday
May become a 'red', their passports are cheaper.

How easy it it to get citizenship in other countries ? (_;)
choc1969

May become a 'red', their passports are cheaper.How easy it it to get … May become a 'red', their passports are cheaper.How easy it it to get citizenship in other countries ? (_;)

Whats a red?
galareho

Whats a red?

A Communist
choc1969

A Communist

Of course! All I could think of was a Liverpool fan!!!
galareho

Of course! All I could think of was a Liverpool fan!!!

No, they aren't allowed passports
Whats more annoying is it costs us near to £100 to get out of the country, yet the gov let all sorts of scrounging scum into the UK for free... takes the pee if you ask me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions