how much is it to watch tv in hospital

Found 16th Jan 2016
Hello i have been searching the web for prices.
my mum is in hospital at the moment and told me she wont pay for TV however with her being a big Liverpool fan i want to order the football for tomorrow.

so my question is can you get sky sports on the TVs and if so how much is it so i can order it for her.
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskTVWatch
16 Comments
Different hospitals have different deals with different suppliers/providers and/or features/equipment. You would need to post the Hospital name or maybe just the trust (unsure way they work on the Mainland UK). Or can you "buy" WIFI at it also? Is she allowed to use a mobile and if yes get a 4G signal!

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Jan 2016
cecilmcroberts

Different hospitals have different deals with different … Different hospitals have different deals with different suppliers/providers and/or features/equipment. You would need to post the Hospital name or maybe just the trust (unsure way they work on the Mainland UK). Or can you "buy" WIFI at it also? Is she allowed to use a mobile and if yes get a 4G signal!

oh right i didn't know that, the hospital is royal bolton nhs trust. i will have a look on the web for that.
Mum said that she sees the skysports badge but doesn't know how to work it. i have found a number so will give that a call tomorrow.
sorry but did you say you can buy WIFI at the hospital because if so i have a sky go account that she could use and a tablet. she doesn't have a smart phone to do it that way either
thanks for the reply
Matttheplank

oh right i didn't know that, the hospital is royal bolton nhs trust. i … oh right i didn't know that, the hospital is royal bolton nhs trust. i will have a look on the web for that.Mum said that she sees the skysports badge but doesn't know how to work it. i have found a number so will give that a call tomorrow.sorry but did you say you can buy WIFI at the hospital because if so i have a sky go account that she could use and a tablet. she doesn't have a smart phone to do it that way eitherthanks for the reply

Some hosptials offer WIFI free or at a charge though with the help of Google the answer is no though for yourself.
http://www.boltonft.nhs.uk/reference-2015-259/
Google also provides "Bedside entertainment services are provided by Hospedia" though there website doesn't appear to give any pricing. Be best I'd say with your option of contacting or just ask one of the nursing staff.

http://www.hospedia.co.uk/patients-section-hospital-tv-43.html

Found this also with 24 hour phone number to ask about pricing.
http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/for-patients-and-visitors/your-inpatient-stay/hospedia

Unless you can use a mobile and get 4G signal, tether to your tablet possibly and use skygo that way.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Jan 2016
cecilmcroberts

Some hosptials offer WIFI free or at a charge though with the help of … Some hosptials offer WIFI free or at a charge though with the help of Google the answer is no though for yourself. Google also provides "Bedside entertainment services are provided by Hospedia" though there website doesn't appear to give any pricing. Be best I'd say with your option of contacting or just ask one of the nursing staff. http://www.hospedia.co.uk/patients-section-hospital-tv-43.htmlUnless you can use a mobile and get 4G signal, tether to your tablet possibly and use skygo that way.

Thanks, Cecil i think the best bet would be to call in the morning and have a chat at reception. Thanks for your advice and the link.
Matttheplank

Thanks, Cecil i think the best bet would be to call in the morning and … Thanks, Cecil i think the best bet would be to call in the morning and have a chat at reception. Thanks for your advice and the link.

Spend too much time around hospitals last year! What we did was downloaded offline content at home from the likes of iplayer etc to let my mother-in-law catch up on the soaps etc then every few days swapped tablets for her.
cecilmcroberts

Spend too much time around hospitals last year! What we did was … Spend too much time around hospitals last year! What we did was downloaded offline content at home from the likes of iplayer etc to let my mother-in-law catch up on the soaps etc then every few days swapped tablets for her.

hope everything turned out ok for you.
this is the first time in about 20 years i have been in a hospital, didn't even know they had personal tv and phone now.
i will just go tomorrow and see what services they have in bolton. hopefully wont cost an arm and leg for it.
thanks again Cecil for the information you have already given
I think it's around a tenner for 24 hours, but as Ceres says above, the longer you pay for, the cheaper it is.
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 16th Jan 2016
It does vary from hospital to hospital but I think the sports package is generally around 8-10 pounds a day or it certainly has been in the ones I've visited recently.
we paid £20 for 3 days
Thanks for all your information, on my way soon to the hospital so will find out soon enough. Thanks again
Well just got back and it was £7.50 for 24 hours tv plus £10 for sky sports package for 24 hours. so just cost £17.50 for the Liverpool game. Bloody joke that I had to pay £7.50 for licensing reasons
Hospital TV is a rip off which ever one you are in.. I would try to avoid paying for it at all if you can.
I couldn't believe you had to pay for TV in hospital. Mad, particularly if you have paid taxes all your life. I suppose I think the same about car parking at hospital too!
Matttheplank

Well just got back and it was £7.50 for 24 hours tv plus £10 for sky s … Well just got back and it was £7.50 for 24 hours tv plus £10 for sky sports package for 24 hours. so just cost £17.50 for the Liverpool game. Bloody joke that I had to pay £7.50 for licensing reasons

Bloody hell... hope they lubed you up first!
Was about £7 for a single day, £20 for 4 days & about £30 per week in Herts Hospitals 3 years ago
Matttheplank

Well just got back and it was £7.50 for 24 hours tv plus £10 for sky s … Well just got back and it was £7.50 for 24 hours tv plus £10 for sky sports package for 24 hours. so just cost £17.50 for the Liverpool game. Bloody joke that I had to pay £7.50 for licensing reasons

Cant believe you paid to watch Liverpool.
Should have taken a small tv with firestick and kodi n hooked up to wifi X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants