Groups

How much is lead worth?

Got a pile of the stuff here,is it really worth anything? I know people were pinching it from roof tops not so long ago,should I tip it or will I make a few £ on it?

7 Comments

Dont tip it take to your local scrappy, should be worth a few bob.

yeah any kinda metal worth something we been renovating our house and people can see that always getting gypsy/ irish people with vans knocking door to see if we have anything worth taking . 2 weeks ago they even came around our back and stole a cast iron small bbq. We knoe it had to be them as no big deal as thing had rusted like crazy and it was only worth £20 so i know , no-one would spend hours cleaning it to use it as really was in shocking state.
    Just the cheek of them coming around back and helping themselves

Original Poster

I know theres websites about that give a rough guide price for gold and silver but wondered if there was anyhting like that for lead?
    Must be a good 50 kilos of it if not more here

I reckon the gypo's nicked my hot water tank that I left in the garden too lol

I'm not quite sure how much but i'll trade you it for
    some marzipan, a sheep and some of Bill Roach's (Ken Barlow) Eyelids?

Is that a deal?

Original Poster

frollickingfrill;2599227

I'm not quite sure how much but i'll trade you it forsome marzipan, a … I'm not quite sure how much but i'll trade you it forsome marzipan, a sheep and some of Bill Roach's (Ken Barlow) Eyelids?Is that a deal?

now if you could add a camel then its a deal lol

It's worth about £650 per ton.

Original Poster

ahhhh good job i didnt decide to tip it then lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions