Groups
    EXPIRED

How much is my HP 530 laptop worth?

Sorry for another one of these threads, but need to sell my laptop, HP 530, with spec as follows:

Core Duo T2400 1.83GHZ processor
    2gb Ram
    120gb Hard Drive
    Vista Home Basic
    Restore Discs
    DVD-RW

Had this for 12 months, but hardly used it due to having a work laptop. It is in Mint condition.

How much should I realistically ask for for this? I need to sell as my exhaust system on my car needs replacing

16 Comments

£230?

Original Poster

MarzBarz;4145386

£230?

really? That low?

bassman_uk;4145437

really? That low?

[FONT="Verdana"]Afraid its far lower than that...its £150.00p...only kidding mate. No unfortunately that model has been superseded already by newer ones out on the market but I would say its between £230.00p up to £280.00p but its dependent on how much its been used along with whether it comes with any additional support i.e. HP Care Pack.

Are you in London at all by any chance? Do you also have the exact model number, so that way you can confirm what else is present in the laptop i.e. what type of wireless card, is it equipped with bluetooth, what type of DVD burner do you have, etc, etc.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Original Poster

Not in London,unfortunately.

Hasn't been used much at all - work gave me a laptop after I bought this, and this got put in the cupboard. Fired it up to do the restore discs,and thats about it.

Doesn't have any care packs on it, etc.

I couldn't find any comparitive models, the only ones I could find had Celeron Processors

Original Poster

Scotty Boy;4145489

[FONT="Verdana"]Afraid its far lower than that...its £150.00p...only … [FONT="Verdana"]Afraid its far lower than that...its £150.00p...only kidding mate. No unfortunately that model has been superseded already by newer ones out on the market but I would say its between £230.00p up to £280.00p but its dependent on how much its been used along with whether it comes with any additional support i.e. HP Care Pack.Are you in London at all by any chance? Do you also have the exact model number, so that way you can confirm what else is present in the laptop i.e. what type of wireless card, is it equipped with bluetooth, what type of DVD burner do you have, etc, etc.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

where would I find the exact model number? Says HP 530 on the screen bezel, doesn't have bluetooth,and dvd burner is Optiarc AD-7530B ATA

bassman_uk;4145547

where would I find the exact model number? Says HP 530 on the screen … where would I find the exact model number? Says HP 530 on the screen bezel, doesn't have bluetooth,and dvd burner is Optiarc AD-7530B ATA

[FONT="Verdana"]
    It would be on the bottom of the laptop mate - in addition to that since you've done a restore off of the HP media you should also have the HP utilities installed & one of them (can't remember the name of it) will give you more information on the laptop itself. If I remember correctly it will either be an icon in your system tray or under the Programs Menu.

Original Poster

part number is :

KD092AA#ABU

Service tag is:

H530FFUT2400W512XCe10Aa

Any ideas?

I did add the extra 1GB ram myself, but is stock otherwise

bassman_uk;4145749

part number is :KD092AA#ABUService tag is:H530FFUT2400W512XCe10AaAny … part number is :KD092AA#ABUService tag is:H530FFUT2400W512XCe10AaAny ideas?I did add the extra 1GB ram myself, but is stock otherwise

[FONT="Verdana"]
    If you check out my next post I managed to get a breakdown of the technical specifications based upon the part number you've provided - you might want to double-check it yourself, as I'm off sick and on new medication, which is really strong.

Original Poster

you're a star - have some rep

[FONT="Verdana"]Source - pcwb.co.uk/cat…202

Technical Specifications - Included Only the Key Information

Basic Specifications
    Manufacturer's Part Number: KD092AA#ABU
    Weight: 2.7kg
    RAM: 1 GB (installed) / 2 GB (max) - DDR II SDRAM
    Cache Memory: 2 MB - L2 Cache
    Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty
    Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet , Fast Ethernet , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11a , IEEE 802.11g
    Wireless NIC: Intel PRO/ Wireless 3945ABG
    Built-in Devices: Speaker, wireless LAN aerial
    Battery: Lithium Ion
    Audio Output: Sound card
    Input Device: Keyboard, touchpad
    Hard Drive: 120 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
    Run Time (Up To): 2.7 hour(s)
    Platform Technology: Intel Centrino Duo
    System Type: Notebook
    Product Description: HP 530 - Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz - 15.4" TFT
    Telecom: Fax / modem - 56 Kbps
    Dimensions (WxDxH): 35.8 cm x 22.7 cm x 3.6 cm
    Weight: 2.7 kg
    Optical Storage: DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD- RAM
    Display: 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - BrightView
    Graphics Controller: Intel GMA 950
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic
    Processor: Intel Core Duo T2400 / 1.83 GHz ( Dual-Core )

Battery
    Technology: 4-cell Lithium Ion
    Installed Qty: 1
    Capacity: 2200 mAh
    Run Time (Up To): 2.7 hour(s)

Video
    Graphics Processor / Vendor: Intel GMA 950
    Video Memory: Dynamic Video Memory Technology 3.0
    Max Allocated RAM Size: 224 MB

Optical Storage
    Type: DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD- RAM
    Read Speed: 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD)
    Write Speed: 24x (CD) / 8x (DVD±R) / 2.4x (DVD+R DL)
    CD / DVD Rewrite Speed: 10x (CD) / 4x (DVD±RW) / 5x (DVD- RAM )

Expansion / Connectivity
    Expansion Slots Total (Free): 1 ( 1 ) x CardBus - type I/II ¦ 2 memory - SO DIMM 200-pin
    Interfaces 2 x Hi-Speed USB - 4 PIN USB Type A ¦ 1 x audio - line-out/headphones - mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ¦ 1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ¦ 1 x microphone - input - mini-phone 3.5mm ¦ 1 x modem - phone line - RJ-11 ¦ 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45

bassman_uk;4146112

you're a star - have some rep

[FONT="Verdana"]Cheers for that but would seriously recommend you double-check my homework.

Original Poster

Scotty Boy;4146139

[FONT="Verdana"]Cheers for that but would seriously recommend you … [FONT="Verdana"]Cheers for that but would seriously recommend you double-check my homework.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

it all seems accurate to me - only difference is the RAM because I upgraded it myself :thumbsup:

bassman_uk;4146188

it all seems accurate to me - only difference is the RAM because I … it all seems accurate to me - only difference is the RAM because I upgraded it myself :thumbsup:

[FONT="Verdana"]Grand! If you advertise the laptop on this site I would also recommend you include some photos of the laptop along with everything that comes with it including a photo of the laptop with your username & today's date on it (if your posting today) to rule out any complaints coming through.

Original Poster

already put it on,and will put pics on tomorrow lol I know how cynical some people on here are (I'm the same, though,will always be a pain and ask for pics

Hi,

I can collect laptop from west Bromwich if willing to sell at £180.00

So... are you putting this up for sale?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp810
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211138
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764583
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…44

See more discussions