I have a Dell with the following...

Dimension 2400 Celeron 2.6GHz Integrated Sound, Video and NIC
    512 MB NonECC 333MHz DDR Memory (2x256)
    3.5" Floppy Drive
    40GB IDE (7,200rpm) Hard Drive
    48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
    UK/Ireland - Altec Lansing ADA215 Speakers
    CRT / MG - UK/Irish -17in (E773c MPRII) Value CRT Midnight Grey Monitor

Plus a lot of other entries that don't seem important. I'd have to wipe the HD before selling and do a clean install cos god Knows the dodgy crap that has happened to it over the years. I believe I have the install discs for everything that came with it etc.

12 Comments

imo, not a great deal, spec wise its not too hot...

Honestly....

About £40 - £50 AND thats if you can find someone who will buy it.

Yup, £50 is about right.

Any OS?

A celery is OK for word processing, internet surfing and a few simple games. Yeah, £50 is about right for the box. Probably more with a decent screen.

Original Poster

I'm not certain what operating system came with it, XP Home I think. I've switched all the software around numerous times over the past 4 years or so.

And it comes with a 17" CRT, which is supririsngly worthless apparently

Ta for the help (or any future opinions)

if you do sell it i might be interested in it for my mam...her pc is even lower spec than urs.....where are you based...

tazandsaz

if you do sell it i might be interested in it for my mam...her pc is even … if you do sell it i might be interested in it for my mam...her pc is even lower spec than urs.....where are you based...

blimey rub it in why don't you:giggle:

haha sorry Artemis i didnt mean it in a bad way lol...just mean hers is really rubbsih..lol

I reakon you'd get abut £150 for it. I sell off old 500MHz systems for £50. You would have to sell it private (not through ebay) to get that kind of money though.

Artemis

I'm not certain what operating system came with it, XP Home I think. I've … I'm not certain what operating system came with it, XP Home I think. I've switched all the software around numerous times over the past 4 years or so.And it comes with a 17" CRT, which is supririsngly worthless apparently :)Ta for the help (or any future opinions)

I didn't see that it came with a screen. That's gotta be worth another £30, so £80+ would be about right.
    You say yourself that it is 4yrs old, so £80 is about right. That's my opinion anyway, for what it's worth. Remember that entry level PCs are available for

Original Poster

Scribbles

I didn't see that it came with a screen. That's gotta be worth another … I didn't see that it came with a screen. That's gotta be worth another £30, so £80+ would be about right.You say yourself that it is 4yrs old, so £80 is about right. That's my opinion anyway, for what it's worth. Remember that entry level PCs are available for

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tooth extraction23
      2. Amazon prime subscribe & save33
      3. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?44
      4. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1213

See more discussions