Groups

How much is my PC worth?

Hi all, any help appreciated on this one. I bought an iMac from the recent Comet deal and so now have a 18 Month old PC surplus to requirements and wondering what it is worth. Spec as follows:
    Dell Vostro 400
    Intel E8400
    4Gb RAM
    NVIdia GeForce 8600GT
    750Gb Samsung SpinPoint F1
    750Gb Seagate Barracuda
    Microsoft Wireless Keyb + Mouse
    7.1 Channel Audio
    Lite On DVD Burner
    Internal Netgear 108Mbps WG311T
    19 in 1 Card Reader
    Vista Home Premium

Also have a 12 month old Dell 23" SP2309W to be sold as part of the package or separately.

Is £500 for the whole lot reasonable?

19 Comments

Are you from Liverpool?

Is it quiet? Just interested in a new (well new to me!) vostro with a better spec than i have at the mo

Original Poster

transit;7060555

Are you from Liverpool?

No??
    wonkey;7060563

Is it quiet? Just interested in a new (well new to me!) vostro with a … Is it quiet? Just interested in a new (well new to me!) vostro with a better spec than i have at the mo

I think it's near silent, which people seem to agree with ]HERE

It's a lovely system really, I was planning on putting in an X25-M with Win7 and a 4650 GPU to really make it respectable but the Mac has seen to that.

Id offer £400 if you feel like selling

Original Poster

Item number 120494820044 is £275 with much lesser spec and no OS, it's got to be worth £500 minimum?

honestly with moniter as an absolute max 500 no matter how good your p.c it seems they have a bad resell value as it is hard to see any problems unless you know what your looking for better to keep as a spare or posably sell in parts as you have some high quality bits in there

Are you thinking of listing it here? IF so can you let me know as i said before, would be interested..I think you have to wait 7 days after posting this thread though

Original Poster

I have never sold on here, but have loads on eBay. It's certainly an avenue I'd consider. But certainly let you know if I do

I think £400-500 is a reasonable price, assuming there's still some demand for the E8400.

publicnme;7061092

Item number 120494820044 is £275 with much lesser spec and no OS, it's … Item number 120494820044 is £275 with much lesser spec and no OS, it's got to be worth £500 minimum?

What are you asking? Sounds like you have a price in mind you would sell it for, so why the need for this thread? :?

Original Poster

jah128;7062474

What are you asking? Sounds like you have a price in mind you would sell … What are you asking? Sounds like you have a price in mind you would sell it for, so why the need for this thread? :?

As per the OP, "Is £500 for the whole lot reasonable?"
    :thumbsup:

Its a little ambitious, depends where you sell it but its not an unreasonable thing to 'ask' for. I'd probably accept upwards of £400 though - if you work on cost of parts minus one third its probably around that mark.

'Whats this worth' is such a vague term - it can mean what should I list it at, what would it cost to replace, or what should I accept. With computer parts you'll generally struggle to better the cost new minus a third when sold (particularly here, but also on ebay etc when you take fees into account). A similar CPU, motherboard and ram could be bought for a touch over £200, say £120 for similar HDD and graphics, so for around £400 you could have a (new) similar specced base unit. The monitor is quite nice - still over £200 new, so it total the system is 'worth' around £600 minus depreciation for it being second hand.

Banned

publicnme;7061092

Item number 120494820044 is £275 with much lesser spec and no OS, it's … Item number 120494820044 is £275 with much lesser spec and no OS, it's got to be worth £500 minimum?

No chance imo

I reckon you'd struggle to get £350 (without the monitor)

i would say its around £384

publicnme;7060715

No??

I just wondered if you were, was the computer yours to sell :thumbsup:

nope not worth £500 minimum

the base is worth about £250-£300

Original Poster

transit;7069916

I just wondered if you were, was the computer yours to sell :thumbsup:

Oh my god that's probably the funniest most original thing I've ever heard! Seriously! Wow
    :thumbsup:

I'm offering £10, a half eaten crunchie, 2 buttons and a used lottery ticket (that didnt win btw) If pushed I could probably throw in an out of date durex but I pretty keen to save this as you never know when you could get lucky!! let me know mate :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88

See more discussions