Original Poster

i dont want a refund,justwant to know how much its worth

Banned

roadie;8032281

i dont want a refund,justwant to know how much its worth

its worth how much you paid - the value of warranty if its non transferable

/thread

Original Poster

its got 1 yr warranty.i traded my 40 gig,just want to know if i sold it how much could i expect

Original Poster

161 exchange at cex

Banned

where you selling it? check out the prices they sell for there

Original Poster

i dont know maybe hukd or ebay

Banned

You won't be able to sell on here for at least 7 days after this thread is locked. And mods may see this post and look into whether you are profiteering as seems you got the 160Gb just to sell on

Banned

dcx_badass;8032945

It gets a bit boring when people quote the 7 day thing in every single … It gets a bit boring when people quote the 7 day thing in every single thread.

Just giving OP some advice so he doesn't get infracted but still not quite as boring as people trolling threads eh :oops:

Original Poster

thanks for that

roadie may be asking for insurance purposes. I see nothing (in this thread) to indicate a sale is being considered but yes, if this item were to be offered for sale in the "For Sale / Trade" forum then I'm sure a few people would quote the "profiteering" rule.

Presumably the 160Gb console you gained when ]trading-in your earlier model at GameStop recently, roadie.

I would suggest that up until 1 March this year this model was worth around £160-£180 pre-owned if the included PlayStation Network voucher codes have already been redeemed. However, if you have not opened it (& not redeemed the four codes for downloadable game titles) then maybe as much as £200-£210 (given the price of new 120Gb & 250Gb "slim" models). It was noted in the GameStop thread that although the codes are marked as having an expiration date there is a 'work-around' to redeem them.

The fact that this model was confirmed to still be functioning on 1 March 2010 (due to the recent incompatibility with two components within the earlier "Phat" consoles reporting different dates beyond 28 February 2010) may well increase the price slightly, but not greatly.

PS. A few more comments on original PS3 console prices in this thread from earlier this year:

]60GB PS3 Price?

My comment is #]7.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

fanpages;8036811

roadie may be asking for insurance purposes. I see nothing (in this … roadie may be asking for insurance purposes. I see nothing (in this thread) to indicate a sale is being considered

I only stated about the rules ad it was obvious he was thinking of selling it on here

sassie;8032327

where you selling it? check out the prices they sell for there

roadie;8032585

i dont know maybe hukd or ebay

Paddy Charlie;8039376

I only stated about the rules ad it was obvious he was thinking of … I only stated about the rules ad it was obvious he was thinking of selling it on here

Well, I wouldn't say it was "obvious" but, yes, if the initial enquiry goes further to establish a "For Sale / Trade" listing then a maximum price will be set based on the history of the item.

You may have seen that a 160GB PS3 console is currently being offered for sale here at HotUKDeals:

]FS: Playstation 3 160GB (Phat) £170

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Absolutely nothing, the 40gb explode after turning them on once. unless you want a court case for selling it, you'll have to give it to me :whistling:

Original Poster

well the ps3 hasnt had the codes redeemed

roadie;8044908

well the ps3 hasnt had the codes redeemed

I think the reason the other 160GB model (as I quoted above) has not sold is that the seller has no recorded feedback here (& is not considering sending to an establish member in advance of taking payment).

You, on the other hand do have feedback, so you may be lucky with £180-£190 as, I presume, you have opened the box & used it since you brought it back home from GameStop, but the potential market is also getting smaller with the availability of the "Slim" consoles now (and the smaller, 120GB, model can be bought for a cost only slightly higher than this).

Have you investigated the prices similar consoles are selling elsewhere?

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

not yet no. im just thinking if i sell it ,id want another ps3 so i might put it on the forums
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769324
    2. HUKD Hottest deals side bar was far better before33
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2458
    4. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.66

See more discussions