How Much is the Apple Store Student Discount?

Found 2nd Jul 2011
As much as I hate apple for being arrogant, telling people what they want instead of asking, continuously suing samsung for sh*ts and gigs, restrictive software etc they do make beautiful products with software that works very well at what it does. I know they offer discount for students but they wont let you view unless you're using a uni pc and Im no where near uni. Am I right in thinking that the macbook and mb air are due for a refresh, as its a laptop im looking for? I know for specs other companies are like 3 times cheaper but come on they're so sexy and well made and I fancy some osx lion
Community Updates
12 Comments
I never thought about that but it turns out I don't, either that or I can't find out how to do it. Thanks for the info (Y)
Phone up and order
Whilst on the subject do they offer student discounts instore?
localboy

Phone up and order

I would do but I need to wait till I have enough money, and for hopefully a refresh of the macbook which is coming soon (according to mac rumours). Hopefully they will come with better specs and lion preinstalled instead of the £30 upgrade.

Shadow-360

Whilst on the subject do they offer student discounts instore?

Haven't a clue, I'm gonna guess with no, maybe phone up your local store?

Edited by: "hxcftw" 2nd Jul 2011
They offer discount inshore also... It's 15% off.
Pr3cious18

They offer discount inshore also... It's 15% off.

The discount % depends on what form of education you are in I believe so the percentage varies slightly
I'm in Uni at the moment & get 15%... I'm due to my my Mac Book Pro in a few weeks, which came to £907 inc 3 years AppleCare (which is £48 for students)
I just bought something from one of their stores, with the uni discount, and was given 15% off.
dcx_badass

You know in August you'd probably have got a free ipod, also why did you … You know in August you'd probably have got a free ipod, also why did you buy applecare, you get a 3 year warranty anyway, did you really need phone support aswell.

Haven't bought it yet, but plan too in a few weeks (am also holding out for the iPod deal - if they decide to do it again!). The site didn't say anything about free 3yrs AppleCare, but gave you an option to add it as an optional extra at the end.

They're probably not doing that offer again if this story is true... I might be waiting for nothing : ibtimes.com/art…htm
Edited by: "Pr3cious18" 2nd Jul 2011
Hi, i remember looking on thestudentroom about apple store discount got the link here for you to see its a nice 14% off too http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Tech:Apple_Student_Discount
Edited by: "luna000" 3rd Jul 2011
Pr3cious18

.They're probably not doing that offer again if this story is true... I … .They're probably not doing that offer again if this story is true... I might be waiting for nothing : http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/166912/20110621/apple-inc-ipod-ipad-iphone-back-to-school-promotion-books-ios-ecosystem-ibookstore-mac-app-store-itu.htm

They're not! They've changed it to a £65 AppStore voucher now!

store.apple.com/uk/…-UK

what a joke much better when they gave away a free ipod touch lol
I'm looking to buy a mac book pro and I want to see if I can get it any cheaper. I go to Reading College and have a Student ID, would that allow me to walk into the apple store and get a discount? If so then does anyone know how much I'd get off?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants