Groups

How much is this worth? Yamaha SA503 TVL Guitar

I have the most beautiful guitar the Yamaha SA503 TVL (check out the youtube vid uk.youtube.com/watch?v=32TpYROP9m4)> Designed by Troy Van Leeuwen currently in QOTSA and former member of Perfect circle. Its in great condition and in an expensive hard case designed speifically for that guitar.
    This isn't for sale or trade i'm wondering how much it'd be worth and how much people would offer if it were for sale.
    Thanks

6 Comments

supermod

This isn't for sale or trade i'm wondering how much it'd be worth and how … This isn't for sale or trade i'm wondering how much it'd be worth and how much people would offer if it were for sale.

As the item isn't for sale or trade I've moved this post from the FS/T Forum to Misc, thanks.

sigma;4085247

As the item isn't for sale or trade I've moved this post from the FS/T … As the item isn't for sale or trade I've moved this post from the FS/T Forum to Misc, thanks.

sigma got the night shift . . . . its dead, get 40 winks lol!

Hi
    You fancy a swap?

Original Poster

This is possibly the best guitar i've ever played (i've played alot) and am meerly wondering how much the good people at HUKD value it at

Watching the video, I thought it'd be something into the £600 range. Decent semi-acoustic bodies tend to command quite a premium, so starting with a £400 Epi 335 guitar and factoring in the extra pickup, the wiring mod, and the Bigsby, it didn't seem too unreasonable a guess. Google Shopping reckons that they can be bought for under £500 new though, and second hand value for mass-produced guitars is generally not kind. I tend to deal in a lot of second hand guitars, and will very seldom pay more than half retail price for one. So, I guess, around £250-£300, less if it's got any damage.

This, by the way, is why buying second-hand is the way to go. Saves so much money. Plus, you can resell without the pain of losing a bag of cash on the instrument.

It’s only worth as much as someone is willing to pay
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1010
      2. Dashcam question511
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal22
      4. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 234

See more discussions