Groups

How much is your average monthly electric bill?

i pay £60 every month. After talking to friends and family I realised that I seem to be paying a lot more than some people. Is £60 A lot or am I being unrealistic? we live in three bedroom house, two adults and two babies. tv is on most of the time during daytime.

62 Comments

i pay between 60-80 depending on using certain items ie tumble dryer and if we are off work or not!

Banned

i pay £30 a month, i tumble dry everything, and usual lighting, showers, tvs and computer

I pay £55.00 a month, telly always on and at least two computers most of the time.

We paid just over £20 in our old 2 bed terrace. No tumble drying but the washing machine going everyday. 2 adults and 2 children, me at home with children in the day.

Gas hob not electric. Combi boiler so no electric shower. Our computers are low power but the TV is used for a good few hours each day which is run off a media centre.

I dread to see what they go up to now we're using a dishwasher, dryer, and larger fridge freezer.

If in doubt go to USwitch

I pay £165 a month for me and my 3 little girls in a 2 bedroomed semi and we dont even use the central heating

Banned

pinkkitty2007;7562497

I pay £165 a month for me and my 3 little girls in a 2 bedroomed semi and … I pay £165 a month for me and my 3 little girls in a 2 bedroomed semi and we dont even use the central heating

you all electric?

Banned

pinkkitty2007;7562497

I pay £165 a month for me and my 3 little girls in a 2 bedroomed semi and … I pay £165 a month for me and my 3 little girls in a 2 bedroomed semi and we dont even use the central heating

is that for both elec and gas?

Mines £125 or so every month just for the electric. 4 bed house

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;7562497

now i am feeling better:):):):)

Banned

zeus9876;7562562

Mines £125 or so every month just for the electric. 4 bed house

mine is 3 bedroom, 3 of us live here, as already said i tumble dry everything, we all shower most days, occasionally bath, electric oven, one lappy, 3 tvs, lighting, dfridge, freezer, washing machine and i pay £30 a month, and that usually covers it for the year

Banned

i know a friend with a family of 8 who pays £5 a month for elec- he uses a magnet to roll back dials on the meter- apparently everyone is doing it

OMG thats a horrific price for a months juice! check and compare the various companies asap you MUST be able to get it cheaper than that!

£75 a month. 3 bedrooms, 3 kids.

£85 a month, 5 bedroom house. 4 kids. Only use dryer when absolutely necessary.

40 quid 4 bed detached 10 yrs old

I pay quarterly and it normally comes to just over £100 so just over £30 a month

Banned

sassie;7562580

mine is 3 bedroom, 3 of us live here, as already said i tumble dry … mine is 3 bedroom, 3 of us live here, as already said i tumble dry everything, we all shower most days, occasionally bath, electric oven, one lappy, 3 tvs, lighting, dfridge, freezer, washing machine and i pay £30 a month, and that usually covers it for the year

you filthy begger!- "occasionally bath"

£25 a month

for 2 bedroom apartment

&

£35 Month

2 bedroomed semi

Banned

ROKO;7562674

you filthy begger!- "occasionally bath"

thats not the worst

we share too :w00t:

We pay £80 a month, large 3 bed, 3 kids with a gas oven and a combi boiler

60-80 2 bed Crappy mainsonette

about 20 on gas depending on how much we use the heating

sassie;7562580

mine is 3 bedroom, 3 of us live here, as already said i tumble dry … mine is 3 bedroom, 3 of us live here, as already said i tumble dry everything, we all shower most days, occasionally bath, electric oven, one lappy, 3 tvs, lighting, dfridge, freezer, washing machine and i pay £30 a month, and that usually covers it for the year

we also use tumble dryer 2-3 times a day, elec showers, 2 lappys on alot of the time and one desktop on 24/7, tele always on, seems high to me too but i just pay the bills as they come in

Banned

zeus9876;7562740

we also use tumble dryer 2-3 times a day, elec showers, 2 lappys on alot … we also use tumble dryer 2-3 times a day, elec showers, 2 lappys on alot of the time and one desktop on 24/7, tele always on, seems high to me too but i just pay the bills as they come in

if you have a bill to hand, how many units are you using, that seems alot to be paying

i use about 900 metric units a quarter, about the same no matter what time of year

Banned

you are nuts if you use a electric shower every day- cheaper to use a bath!

a 5 min shower= £5 of elec

a full bath= 50p of gas

I pay £23 per month 2 bed flat.

ROKO;7562813

you are nuts if you use a electric shower every day- cheaper to use a … you are nuts if you use a electric shower every day- cheaper to use a bath!a 5 min shower= £5 of eleca full bath= 50p of gas

:w00t: It doesnt really cost that much for a 5 min shower does it? I shower every day and my eldest showers every morning and we are always more than 5 mins, more 20 mins with washing and conditioning hair etc. Good job the two youngest like baths

Around £20 - £30 per month. More in winter with lights etc on more. Dont use a tumble dryer anymore. I live in a 2 bed house - no electric shower and electric oven

Banned

ROKO;7562813

you are nuts if you use a electric shower every day- cheaper to use a … you are nuts if you use a electric shower every day- cheaper to use a bath!a 5 min shower= £5 of eleca full bath= 50p of gas

LOL - Utter rubbish. Most showers are 11kwh so 5 mins = 0.9kwh (about 8p) :whistling:

not to mention bathing in your own dirt lol

ROKO;7562813

Haha no way! It does not cost £5 for a 5 min shower! Baths take too long and dont make you feel fresh like a shower. Also, baths bad if you on a water meter as I am

Was paying £61 a month for gas & elec, gone down to £51 a month as I was in credit, 3bed semi, 4 peeps

Banned

try getting those energy reader thingies and believe me you will get a shock as to the true cost of a electric shower
    my bills were halved since i ditched the shower and went to using baths

i pay £ 125 per month for gas and £ 85 per month for electric

£60 a month here, but my flat is fully electric so that's everything. Under floor heating as well, which is expensive but I rarely use it.

sassie;7562746

if you have a bill to hand, how many units are you using, that seems alot … if you have a bill to hand, how many units are you using, that seems alot to be payingi use about 900 metric units a quarter, about the same no matter what time of year

i do paperless bills and swalec site won't let me access them right now for some reason

I pay approx 60-80 for gas and electricity each month.

£87 a month for a 3 bed semi, FGCH. 2 adults, 2 teenagers....all shower at least once daily TV's and consoles, Tumble dryer on daily

my cheapest quarterly bill has been £86 and highest £193. No gas. 3 in our house. Showers am baths pm, tumble dryer averaging an hour a day, tv's not on much, big fridge and big freezer and a partridge in a pear tree!

Banned

ROKO;7562999

try getting those energy reader thingies and believe me you will get a … try getting those energy reader thingies and believe me you will get a shock as to the true cost of a electric showermy bills were halved since i ditched the shower and went to using baths

electric showers come with a rating in kwh. Normal ones are 10-12kwh

you can do the math but you cant escape the fact that you need to run one for 4 hours to use £5 of electricity.

Try and stick to the facts please :roll:

Banned

in b4 csiman posts his speadsheet for the millionth time
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions