How much it costs to get a garage to check if clutch needs work on pasaat 2007

Found 21st Jul
How much it costs to get a garage or check if clutch needs work on pasaat 2007 ?

Thank you
Community Updates
AskAccessoriesBag
16 Comments
What is the problem/symptoms with it?
In all likelihood, they will happily check for free.
The answer to the question of whether anything needs to be done will be YES, and the cost will be £££
A mechanic could probably tell straight away, i know mine did and didnt charge, he did get the replacement job tho
Nothing too look and give verdict at mine
Edited by: "wayners" 21st Jul
How I used to check clutch is put into third gear on a level road or drive. Put foot hard on brake and slowly release clutch if it judders and stalls straight away it's ok. If your engine doesn't judder then car tries to move forward and then stalls your clutch is slipping.
Good garage won't charge. Depends what's wrong for price to repair tho can be very pricey on those
Local VAG tech charged 340 to supply and fit a clutch, release bearing and clutch fork for audi a3
Edited by: "ding" 21st Jul
Dyslexic_Dog3 h, 44 m ago

What is the problem/symptoms with it?

Its bit hard to press...

Now I am feeling pain in left leg after 3 hours drive
Hunt_Deal_Hunt22 m ago

Its bit hard to press...Now I am feeling pain in left leg after 3 hours …Its bit hard to press...Now I am feeling pain in left leg after 3 hours drive

The trick is to not press the clutch for 3 hours.
ding2 h, 3 m ago

Local VAG tech charged 340 to supply and fit a clutch, release bearing and …Local VAG tech charged 340 to supply and fit a clutch, release bearing and clutch fork for audi a3

Wow that's an amazing price for that
caverncity3 h, 32 m ago

How I used to check clutch is put into third gear on a level road or …How I used to check clutch is put into third gear on a level road or drive. Put foot hard on brake and slowly release clutch if it judders and stalls straight away it's ok. If your engine doesn't judder then car tries to move forward and then stalls your clutch is slipping.

This, i used to put mine on the fourth gear with the handbrake on. Stalls right away, the clutch is good.
Hunt_Deal_Hunt11 h, 6 m ago

Its bit hard to press...Now I am feeling pain in left leg after 3 hours …Its bit hard to press...Now I am feeling pain in left leg after 3 hours drive

It could just be a cable, or clutch fluid if it's a hydraulic clutch.
If it’s a diesel and needs a clutch it’s going to be expensive as the have a duel mass flywheel
I thought the clutch being too soft would be the problem?

Watch out for any burning smells as well. Hopefully is not the clutch.

My Saab clutch was on the end of its life and it was not economically viable to fix it ( the engine was smokey as well .

OP bought this car recently, if the clucth is about to go take back to the trader and ask for some money back.
Every time the mechanic takes a deep breath add £70
gcmarcal5 h, 48 m ago

I thought the clutch being too soft would be the problem?Watch out for any …I thought the clutch being too soft would be the problem?Watch out for any burning smells as well. Hopefully is not the clutch.My Saab clutch was on the end of its life and it was not economically viable to fix it ( the engine was smokey as well .OP bought this car recently, if the clucth is about to go take back to the trader and ask for some money back.

I bought it from a private seller however he assured me nothing is wrong and gave me written invoice with 90 days warranty, i booked with a garage who will check it for free and quote me...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants