Expired

How much memory does sky movies take on tablet?

Found 7th Mar 2013
Anyone know how much memory a sky movie takes when downloaded to a tablet on sky go extra?

I am trying to work out how many movies I would be able to store on galaxy note 10.1 tablet.

Not sure if sky go extra stores only on the tablet rather than the SD card memory.

9 Comments

The sky go app is still not compatible with the galaxy note 10.1, which I find ridiculous. Considering the length of time since its been released and the popularity of it I would have expected it to be available by now.

Original Poster

Gdiddy

The sky go app is still not compatible with the galaxy note 10.1, which I … The sky go app is still not compatible with the galaxy note 10.1, which I find ridiculous. Considering the length of time since its been released and the popularity of it I would have expected it to be available by now.

i did not know this. i was told by a colleague that it is around 1mb for a movie when it is downloaded to a smart phone.

Banned

mutley1

i did not know this. i was told by a colleague that it is around 1mb for … i did not know this. i was told by a colleague that it is around 1mb for a movie when it is downloaded to a smart phone.

lol - 1mb for a film! WTF!

Original Poster

csiman

lol - 1mb for a film! WTF!

why is this funny?

mutley1

why is this funny?

Because 1mb equates to about 10 seconds of SD footage.

Original Poster

theworkingdead

Because 1mb equates to about 10 seconds of SD footage.

he said he buys itunes movies and they are 1 megabyte a movie. on the laptop it looks like this is correct from the sky movies i have downloaded to sky go. i have ripped dvds to my laptop and that is 5 megabyte.

mutley1

he said he buys itunes movies and they are 1 megabyte a movie. on the … he said he buys itunes movies and they are 1 megabyte a movie. on the laptop it looks like this is correct from the sky movies i have downloaded to sky go. i have ripped dvds to my laptop and that is 5 megabyte.

Mutley, I swear to you, a film even at 1/4 of standard definition would still be over 100mb

Now if you said Gigabyte, then yes!

Original Poster

theworkingdead

Mutley, I swear to you, a film even at 1/4 of standard definition would … Mutley, I swear to you, a film even at 1/4 of standard definition would still be over 100mb

oops. i got the nominal wrong. i meant gb not mb. X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions