How much money do you spend on christmas food/desserts?

Just curious to get an idea of how much people spend on christmas food and desserts in preparation for christmas day? Im talking about the stuff you stash until christmas day not the stuff you buy throughout december and eat before christmas!

19 Comments

I don't know really because I've not bought it yet! Made a list of food for Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day and there's a few treats but not going overboard like we usually do

I bought the £1 butter Santa listed on here a few days ago . That's my major extravagance . Other than that , not much more than usual .

Only a little more than we usually spend on a Sunday dinner.

Nothing. We make sure we're invited to family over Xmas. Cheapest time of the year

Original Poster

Blimey. I was asking because I thought I spent peanuts in comparison to others. But I now see that I probably over do it for a family of 5. I spend about £100 on christmas food and treats.

About £100-£150. They're people who spend that on a bottle of wine over Christmas.

Edited by: "rodders443" 12th Dec 2016

£2 or £3 per person at least...

PraxxtorCruel

Blimey. I was asking because I thought I spent peanuts in comparison to … Blimey. I was asking because I thought I spent peanuts in comparison to others. But I now see that I probably over do it for a family of 5. I spend about £100 on christmas food and treats.

Same go to my mums lol big rib of beef

I don't know because we, well me have already eaten the tub of chocolates, pringles and drank the vodka!

Only OH & I ,so nothing

Christmas dinner food ordered from muscle food approx £50 and £60 on a grocery delivery plus maybe another £10 on bits for a family of 5

Around an extra £50 on top of my weekly shopping bill xx

rodders443

About £100-£150. They're people who spend that on a bottle of wine over C … About £100-£150. They're people who spend that on a bottle of wine over Christmas.

​... But those people shall not be found on this site.

Banned

wolf47wolf

​... But those people shall not be found on this site.

Not everyone on here is a cheapskate. I've recently spent just over £6k on wine and fizz (granted, it'll last us most of the year) A couple of nice bottles of red and white to go with dinner can easily top £300 - £400.

i probably spend about £20 more on xmas day food to a normal sunday
i do get more treats than normal though december but i figure there is only so much we can eat in a day, plus the kids have selection boxes and normally other goodies under the tree from people so all sugar filled before breakfast ha

Banned

I don't like spending my money so I go to the in-laws and,eat there food.

WonkyDoctor

Not everyone on here is a cheapskate. I've recently spent just over £6k … Not everyone on here is a cheapskate. I've recently spent just over £6k on wine and fizz (granted, it'll last us most of the year) A couple of nice bottles of red and white to go with dinner can easily top £300 - £400.

Jeez I could be drunk for a week at least on that much . We are having buck fizz , two for £3 from Tesco .

Christmas cake half eaten, gone through four packs of mince pies and need to replace two tubs of hero,s. I thought I was being frugal buying early and stocking up, no willpower and the temptation was too much, so off I go to the shops again.:(

WonkyDoctor

Not everyone on here is a cheapskate. I've recently spent just over £6k … Not everyone on here is a cheapskate. I've recently spent just over £6k on wine and fizz (granted, it'll last us most of the year) A couple of nice bottles of red and white to go with dinner can easily top £300 - £400.

​Not in my world.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions