How much notice needed at the end of fixed mobile monthly contract?

Found 3rd Mar
I have a monthly contract with EE with the fixed term expiring on the 22nd March 18. I want to take a cheaper monthly sim only deal out with another provider but if I ring up now for the pack code will I have to pay another month after the 22nd March given I haven't given them 30 days notice? Do I still have to give 30 notice given a fixed contract is ending? If I do is it best to give notice on the 21st March 18?
Community Updates
AskMobile
6 Comments
Yes you have to give them 30 days notice but nothing is stopping you giving them the notice now so your 30 days is up on the 2nd of April. You will have completed your minimum term then.
In thoery if you give them 30 Days notice Today, your contract finishes on the 22 March and you will be obliged to pay them for the additional days until the 2nd April.

Why dont you ask them, rather on Here?
A PAC code is another option, order your new sim and get a PAC from EE, they're valid for 30 days then on the 20th March use the PAC, it'll take 48/72 hours to port, EE can't charge you once your port out and you'll of met the minimum term, you'll get your final bill soon after.
_-Richie-_3rd Mar

A PAC code is another option, order your new sim and get a PAC from EE, …A PAC code is another option, order your new sim and get a PAC from EE, they're valid for 30 days then on the 20th March use the PAC, it'll take 48/72 hours to port, EE can't charge you once your port out and you'll of met the minimum term, you'll get your final bill soon after.

So this way doesn't the 30 days minimum notice period thing apply. I tried find out abiut this aswell but the customer service don't really know about this or tried to say you would still be charged for the 30 days notice period.
MynameisM3rd Mar

So this way doesn't the 30 days minimum notice period thing apply. I tried …So this way doesn't the 30 days minimum notice period thing apply. I tried find out abiut this aswell but the customer service don't really know about this or tried to say you would still be charged for the 30 days notice period.

The PAC procedure is another way of expressing an intention to terminate the contract within 30days from PAC provision but the optional use of the PAC does not negate the obligation to pay for the entire contract term nor the obligation to pay for service during the entire 30day PAC validity (notice) period.
Thanks for the responses .... got my PAC code today. Now need to get a good sim only deal or a great offer on a mobile deal that is better than the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 I have.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants