How much roughly is 1KW of power (electricity)

10 replies
Found 17th Mar 2010
How much roughly is 1KW of power (electricity)

10 Comments

The average annual electrical energy consumption of a household in the United States is about 8,900 kilowatt-hours, equivalent to a sustained average power use of about 1 kW.

How do you mean? It's not that simple to quantify...

EDIT : FOr example...

By the definitions of the units for measuring electric potential (volt) and current (ampere), work is done at a rate of one watt when one ampere flows through a potential difference of one volt.

That's correct massmail666 or at least that is what I thought too.
Your electric price should hopefully be closer to 10p then 15p per kWh though.

Original Poster

I'm with Scottish power if it helps.

Used 59 Kwh in 2 weeks I guess.

Adam2050;8129687

I'm with Scottish power if it helps.Used 59 Kwh in 2 weeks I guess.

What tariff or rather what is your price per kwh?
ie My last place was around 11p per kwh so 59kwh = so £6.49 :?

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;8129712

What tariff or rather what is your price per kwh? ie My last place was … What tariff or rather what is your price per kwh? ie My last place was around 11p per kwh so 59kwh = so £6.49 :?

Don't know only just moved in, no bills have come through.

Best options?#

Likely bill/tarrif with scottish power?

O boy..thats cheap, based on my cal I use about 3-4 quid of lecy everyday....cooking included though.... in the summer down to roughly 2-2.5 quid..

Original Poster

I work at home so pc is on all the time, only me here atm, when the future wifey moves in end of this month, then I expect it to go through the roof.

Adam2050;8129720

Don't know only just moved in, no bills have come through.Best … Don't know only just moved in, no bills have come through.Best options?#Likely bill/tarrif with scottish power?

Shift it every six months... QUIDCO..!!! :viking:

Banned

Adam2050;8129931

I work at home so pc is on all the time, only me here atm, when the … I work at home so pc is on all the time, only me here atm, when the future wifey moves in end of this month, then I expect it to go through the roof.

Have you lived with her before Adam?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition67731
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions