How much roughly is 1KW of power (electricity)

Found 17th Mar 2010
How much roughly is 1KW of power (electricity)

10 Comments

The average annual electrical energy consumption of a household in the United States is about 8,900 kilowatt-hours, equivalent to a sustained average power use of about 1 kW.

How do you mean? It's not that simple to quantify...

EDIT : FOr example...

By the definitions of the units for measuring electric potential (volt) and current (ampere), work is done at a rate of one watt when one ampere flows through a potential difference of one volt.

That's correct massmail666 or at least that is what I thought too.
Your electric price should hopefully be closer to 10p then 15p per kWh though.

Original Poster

I'm with Scottish power if it helps.

Used 59 Kwh in 2 weeks I guess.

Adam2050;8129687

I'm with Scottish power if it helps.Used 59 Kwh in 2 weeks I guess.

What tariff or rather what is your price per kwh?
ie My last place was around 11p per kwh so 59kwh = so £6.49 :?

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;8129712

What tariff or rather what is your price per kwh? ie My last place was … What tariff or rather what is your price per kwh? ie My last place was around 11p per kwh so 59kwh = so £6.49 :?

Don't know only just moved in, no bills have come through.

Best options?#

Likely bill/tarrif with scottish power?

O boy..thats cheap, based on my cal I use about 3-4 quid of lecy everyday....cooking included though.... in the summer down to roughly 2-2.5 quid..

Original Poster

I work at home so pc is on all the time, only me here atm, when the future wifey moves in end of this month, then I expect it to go through the roof.

Adam2050;8129720

Don't know only just moved in, no bills have come through.Best … Don't know only just moved in, no bills have come through.Best options?#Likely bill/tarrif with scottish power?

Shift it every six months... QUIDCO..!!! :viking:

Banned

Adam2050;8129931

I work at home so pc is on all the time, only me here atm, when the … I work at home so pc is on all the time, only me here atm, when the future wifey moves in end of this month, then I expect it to go through the roof.

Have you lived with her before Adam?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants