Groups

How much roughly would filing down a chipped tooth cost?

I was wondering how much roughly a dentist would charge to file down two chipped tooth so they were even with my other teeth.

The chips are only about 0.5cm big or a bit less, also I was wondering if I could have it done at my next check up?

I would ring them but they are closed and I am busy most of next week. Just need a rough idea, thanks!

11 Comments

Original Poster

bo84gle

Oh I thought it would be around the £150 mark as my two chipped teeth aren't that big

depends on your dentist. Mine did a file down for free during my check up....I suppose it may depend on how long it will take and how big the chip is and if it is near any nerves.

Original Poster

FireRoch

depends on your dentist. Mine did a file down for free during my check … depends on your dentist. Mine did a file down for free during my check up....I suppose it may depend on how long it will take and how big the chip is and if it is near any nerves.

Thanks and yes one of my friends had a file down for free as they had been at that dentist for ages. Shame I am a newish patient, I might bribe them with toothpaste..... X)

If your using NHS dentist it will be minimal as I had a filling and left less than £20 lighter.

Original Poster

liamf12

If your using NHS dentist it will be minimal as I had a filling and left … If your using NHS dentist it will be minimal as I had a filling and left less than £20 lighter.

Nhs charges are quite simple now

nhs.uk/NHS…spx

I paid £30 a month ago

depends where you are, check ups are free in scotland and dentists can claim a fee for what you are looking for think its around £5 but you might find they might not even charge, or could be opposite they may advise trying to add white fil material depending on what the teeth are like.

also in terms of size half a CM is quite big for a part of tooth

my dentist is part of a private practice and everything he does costs a bomb, dread to think what he would charge for filing teeth.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?22
      2. Sky45
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?55
      4. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1521

See more discussions