How much should fitting bathroom cost

Found 23rd Oct 2017
How much should I pay for a toilet sink bath/shower to be installed ?
I have been quoted 1100

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
14 Comments

too vague a question
how much do you want to pay?

Original Poster

maddogb2 m ago

too vague a question how much do you want to pay?

As little as possible haha,
This is with obviously me supplying everything. This is just the price for someone fitting it. Just trying to see if it’s the right price, I don’t want to be ripped off, that’s all.

Original Poster

It’s a vanity unit toilet and sink. A p shaped bath and a mixer shower fitted over the bath

Get another quote from someone else

What's the starting point - is it a new build empty room or is there an existing suite to be removed?
Edited by: "Van1973" 23rd Oct 2017

if its just straight swaps for existing kit and you are taking care of decorating etc i personally think that's high but i am very tight

Yeah, just get a few quotes from different fitters. That sounds really cheap to me - is it just installation or does it include finishing etc.

Original Poster

It’s an old house, existing toilet sink and shower... no bath. It’s just the fitting, I’d have to get the room tilled and if needed re plastered myself
Edited by: "ben_smith1" 23rd Oct 2017

ben_smith111 m ago

It’s an old house, existing toilet sink and shower... no bath. It’s just th …It’s an old house, existing toilet sink and shower... no bath. It’s just the fitting, I’d have to get the room tilled and if needed re plastered myself

£1100 is expensive then.

Original Poster

Van197312 m ago

£1100 is expensive then.

What would be reasonable do to think ?

Difficult without seeing the job but assuming a fairly straight forward install it should all be possible within a day, day and a half perhaps. So £400 to £600 is possible - obviously depending upon where you live.

Is this the only quote you've had? Always try to get at least 3 quotes. It'll be up to you if you go with the cheapest or the person you like the sound of best.

MyBuilder is a good place to get quotes if you don't have personal recommendations, but don't shortlist them unless you want them to quote because AFAIK they get charged then.

I paid £200 to get a bath and toilet fitted - even then I could see how simple a job it was.

I would easily fit a sink myself, nothing challenging there.

Do it yourself, plumbing is real easy nowadays with plastic pipe and pushfit fittings.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions