Groups

how much should i ask for my rover metro

I have a rover metro that i brought 3 years ago to learn to drive and for cheap insurance.

It has less then 19,000 miles on the clock (and have all mot and paperwork) starts every time and for a 1993 car i think it is in great condition.

The only thing wrong is there is a bit of lacquer peeling from the top.

anyone no how much i should ask for it???

19 Comments

about £250-£400 dependant on tax/mot.....should be an easy sell to someone looking for a cheap runaround

Original Poster

boothy;6729251

about £250-£400 dependant on tax/mot.....should be an easy sell to s … about £250-£400 dependant on tax/mot.....should be an easy sell to someone looking for a cheap runaround

6 months mot and 3 months tax

muckyangel;6729269

ask about £350 and accept £300

muckyangel;6729269

whereabouts are you?

Original Poster

bassman_uk;6729437

whereabouts are you?

croydon/bromley

i wouldnt say its worth alot at all, at an old car, would say about 150-200 most

boothy;6729251

about £250-£400 dependant on tax/mot.....should be an easy sell to s … about £250-£400 dependant on tax/mot.....should be an easy sell to someone looking for a cheap runaround

Help me up off the floor, Love!:-D

boothy;6729280

ask about £350 and accept £300

Please, tell him to stop!!! Rofl.

Original Poster

deek72;6729694

Please, tell him to stop!!! Rofl.

sorry i just wanted advice i have lost my job and am selling everything i have. I will have no car once i sell this and have moved to a lower property just to save money

Sell it on here:whistling:

if its only a do a legit 20k, it would go for more then £300

Original Poster

jtx;6729773

Sell it on here:whistling:

Tryed selling on here (sofa, table computer and dishwasher) but no luck. just wanted to no if anyone would no how much to ask as i no nothing about cars

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6729787

thank you

Original Poster

sorry for being a bit mental but im in a new area dont no anyone and need to make some money before the big men knock on the door

black gerbil1;6729787

Do you not want to invest in this bg1, you could sell it on for a profit:thumbsup:

muckyangel;6729764

sorry i just wanted advice i have lost my job and am selling everything i … sorry i just wanted advice i have lost my job and am selling everything i have. I will have no car once i sell this and have moved to a lower property just to save money

Sorry mucky but I don't think it's fair people giving people false hope. The prices boothy were talking about were completely unrealistic. The plain truth is that Metros are lurking waaayyy down at the bottom of the desirability list, new, old, expensive, cheap or anywhere in between.
    You really shouldn't build your hopes up too much. Unless you sell it with a long mot and tax I honestly think you'd be lucky to sell it at all, and even with a long mot/tax I'd say £200 would be an absolute top price.
    My comments were more a dig at others mis-advising than they were aimed at you or your car.
    Sorry about your predicament and would really like to be wrong and for you to get a good price for it. :thumbsup:

black gerbil1;6729787

Oh, and you're an authority now on Metro prices? It was only a few days ago you were asking the same stuff.

BG1, you are missing something. Seriously.

jtx;6729849

Do you not want to invest in this bg1, you could sell it on for a … Do you not want to invest in this bg1, you could sell it on for a profit:thumbsup:

my last investment was 35k, this is kids money (no e-brag)

black gerbil1;6729882

my last investment was 35k, this is kids money (no e-brag)

Yeah but you would be helping out a friend as well, you know the one who has a test coming up soon;-)

OP, the car is probably worth about £250 at best imo, what are the arches like?

If it's really clean ebay with some good pics may be worth a shot.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions