Expired

How much should I be paying for new uPVC windows?

Found 24th Oct 2012
Does anyone know how much new uPVC windows should cost? I'm going to be getting some quotes for 4 of them for my flat and want to know what a good deal would be. My friend recently paid £3,200 for 7 new windows but some of the sales guys started off at £10k!

I'm thinking should be no more £2k for 4, is that realistic?

PS. I know its not tree fiddy!
Community Updates
MiscWindows
35 Comments
'bout tree fiddy each.
We paid a smidging under 1K for four about 3 years ago if that's any help, the guy we used wasn't one of these fast talking sales guy types, but someone who actually made and fitted the windows himself...

whereabts in the country are you? I know of a really decent company in the SouthEast who did my folks windows (9 windows, 1 door, 1 composite door) for a very reasonable sum
FTCom

We paid a smidging under 1K for four about 3 years ago if that's any … We paid a smidging under 1K for four about 3 years ago if that's any help, the guy we used wasn't one of these fast talking sales guy types, but someone who actually made and fitted the windows himself...

Thanks, might go in lower than £2k then!
samwants2save

whereabts in the country are you? I know of a really decent company in … whereabts in the country are you? I know of a really decent company in the SouthEast who did my folks windows (9 windows, 1 door, 1 composite door) for a very reasonable sum

Thanks, but i'm in Glasgow.
Sizes would be handy , people throwing about prices without style or size is a joke TBH
How can you talk prices without knowing sizes ??
Fair point! These are the sizes:

5'10" x 5'10"
3'10" x 3'10"
3'10" x 3'10"
3'0" x 3'5"

Nothing fancy, probably casement ones.
mintcake

Fair point! These are the sizes:5'10" x 5'10"3'10" x 3'10"3'10" x … Fair point! These are the sizes:5'10" x 5'10"3'10" x 3'10"3'10" x 3'10"3'0" x 3'5"Nothing fancy, probably casement ones.

In white I presume , I will PM you an estimate in a couple of days , ok? , at least you will be able to compare with local firms
Use independent, local, recommended companies.

We were quoted £300 per unit (roughly)
sancho1983

Use independent, local, recommended companies. We were quoted £300 per … Use independent, local, recommended companies. We were quoted £300 per unit (roughly)

Thanks, they would be be white on the inside, brown on the outside if that makes a big difference.
If goldmax would quote you then he would definitely be in the know I suppose. I would have thought brown would make it more expensive, but could be wrong
Prices vary on so many things. Style, how many openings, type of openings, manufacturer, fitter etc etc
goldmax

In white I presume , I will PM you an estimate in a couple of days , ok? … In white I presume , I will PM you an estimate in a couple of days , ok? , at least you will be able to compare with local firms

That would be great, thanks!
try gavin and wright mate based in castlemilk done my old flat for 1k a few years ago had been getting quotes of 7k from the big boys,they done my next house for around £2k about 3 years ago they were brown wood effect too which is obbviously more money than plain white ones

type of openings on windows make no odds you get to decide that ,price is the same
just avoid Anglian Windows,DIRE..
upvc cost price is about £125 for a small window and£175-£225 for a large one, extra if toughened glass and fire escape, the mark up is usually 50-125%.
Hi how did you get on with the windows? I'm in Dundee and looking for cheap windows
I paid £330 for one about 5 yrs ago.
can bull nosed facia boards (L shaped)be used as internall sill boards
1q0p

Bull nosed aint L-shaped.

L-shaped(9mm) for laminating over existing wood or bull nose(16/22mm) for complete replacement.
thanks for that ,so can facia boards be used as window cill (internally)
1q0p

Yes, that's the question I was answering, YES!!!

Use silicone to glue down.
thanks,I thought they were a bit weak and not dense .fair enough
Wtf!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants