How much should I expect for

church pews (cast iron legs)?

I have six of these that I am going to put up for sale (similar to pic below). Have you ever bought something like this for your garden? How much each?

Also should I put them into a proper auction or just use eBay?

7 Comments

Original Poster

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rgkiz9.jpg

as for price - cant really tell from pic how thick the seats are - if they really are church pews - i reckon you could ask £20 - 25 - again though depends how thick seats are

dont go to auction rooms

edited - sorry should say - i would advise not to take to auction -
do you go to them - i do - great for bargains but now and again you get peeps paying over the odds

put on ebay to sell separately - and pick up only

also free ads in your local - i've sold a few things in free ads - cant use it too many times though

best selling singly i would of thought

What county are you in? I'd be interested in a couple :thumbsup:

Original Poster

holly100;8485409

as for price - cant really tell from pic how thick the seats are - if … as for price - cant really tell from pic how thick the seats are - if they really are church pews - i reckon you could ask £20 - 25 - again though depends how thick seats are dont go to auction rooms edited - sorry should say - i would advise not to take to auction - do you go to them - i do - great for bargains but now and again you get peeps paying over the oddsput on ebay to sell separately - and pick up onlyalso free ads in your local - i've sold a few things in free ads - cant use it too many times thoughbest selling singly i would of thought

Thanks Holly. Yes, they are real church pews ans are between 5ft to 6ft long, and about 1ft wide x inch thick. They are around 80 years old I think

Depending on how much you're looking for them I might be interested once you decide how you want to sell them.

Out of interest what sort of condition are they in? do they have a cast iron ring at the side?

Banned

check out prices on ebay, a few on there

if they are really 80 years old could they not be considered antiques by now?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona2185
    2. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407226
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1120
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846126

See more discussions