Groups

How much should I sell my car for?

I am planing on putting my car up for sale soon, The only thing is i am rubbish at giving things a true value, So i am looking for some advice on how much i should sell it for, here are some details...

Vauxhall Astra Club

2001 X plate

5 door

A/C

Electric windows

54,000 Miles

6 months Tax

1 years MOT

The car is in a clean condition With a small ding on the back wing and a few wear and tear scratches,no more than you would find on another car of that age. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 Comments

autotrade them specs

Banned

Yes, use Autotrader, do a national not local search and you'll get a good idea.

vauxhall.co.uk/off…tml
    Free Glass's guide valuation
    Theses are part ex prices so you'll need to adjust them slightly if you're selling.

Part-exchange Price:
    Excellent condition:
    £775

Average condition:
    £680

Below average condition:
    £560

Edited by: "Goonieman" 13th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Thanks, We have already been offered 1250 PartX

Toasthduk

Thanks, We have already been offered 1250 PartX

If you're putting it in part exchange, look at the value of the car you're buying, not the value of your car. They could say your car is worth £2k, if the new car is priced at £7k when it should be £6k for it's age/condition. It's the cost to change that matters most.

I'd say £600 ish. +1 don't be fooled by a high p/x value.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1014
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions