Groups

How much sleep do you need? (JDeal excluded.....he's a robot!)

How much sleep do you need? (JDeal excluded.....he's a robot!)

I can quite comfortably cope on between 4 and a half & 6 and a half hours!.....is this normal???

30 Comments

Original Poster

My OH leaves for work at 8:00am (wakes me up on the way out!) then i take the kids to school for 9:00am on the way to work!

.....jeez is that the time?!? i'm gonna have to cope on 4hrs tonight!

3 Hours minimum.

Kids in Nottingham have half term this week!

Original Poster

3 hours!!!.....you win!.....g'night :thumbsup:

Night !

I'm attempting an allnighter.

heehe, normally about 4 hours for me is fine but then every now and again have to have a 8 hour session to recharge the batteries

About 4-5 hours on weekdays and on the weekend 12 hours!!! I also do alot of allnighters

wow guys, you are great! i need at least 6-7 hours' sleep

I normally get between 2 and 3 hours

I need about 6-7hrs but OH has sleep apnoea so it's like sharing a bed with a trampolinist some nights and it feels like I have never been to bed!

i need 10-12 to be able to wake up without the alarm

OMG i need at least 8-10hrs.
    Weekends i then need to catch up and have about 12hrs!
    Mind you im anemic so ive got an excuse for being lethargic all the time! lol

For the last 10 years on average I've slept like between 2 and 4 hours a night

I sometimes need 4-5 hours and sometimes 12 are not enough LOL

Apparently there is a system to how much sleep people need. some who can survive on 4 hours sleep can also have 8 hours, people who sleep 3 can also have 6 hours etc. however if your body needs min of 4 hours, then if you wake up after 5 or 6 hours then you will still feel tired (it's multiples of itself). Sorry if its a little confusing, there is a previous thread which explains it better.

Ideally 8-10 hrs but often get less than that.
    I'm sure a lot of men can survive on less for some reason.

24 hours or at least 12 LOL

I seem to get by on about 5 hours sleep a night. But those hours are absolutely solid sleep, nothing wakes me (although apparently the other night I was snoring so hard I gave myself a fright and stirred half awake, according to hubby)!!!

I need at least 8, not that i ever seem to get it:p

i need 8hours +, so I can be fully restored to work on the gun show

Normally 2-3 hours

Ideally about 8, but lucky if I get 6.

was it michaelangelo who slept an hour every 6 hours (ie 6 hrs work, 1 hour sleep, 6 hours work, 1 hour sleep etc) - part of the reason how he managed to produce so much work!

6 hours is fine for me, though i like 8

I can't believe how many people get by on 4 or 6 hours!! At the very least I need 8, but 10 is about right..

shanecr;1569130

6 hours is fine for me, though i like 8

snap, as I said earlier, don't know how on earth others manage to function on the little sleep are getting!

I can function on 3-4 hours (or less if I'm going through my insomnia phases) but I need at least 6-8 if I'm to be any kind of pleasure to be around

i get about 6 but then i do get a nap during the day whilst lil un is napping! hehehehe!

22 hours is usually enough for me.
    Leaves 2 hours to exercise, eat and come on here

esclad;1566272

Apparently there is a system to how much sleep people need. some who can … Apparently there is a system to how much sleep people need. some who can survive on 4 hours sleep can also have 8 hours, people who sleep 3 can also have 6 hours etc. however if your body needs min of 4 hours, then if you wake up after 5 or 6 hours then you will still feel tired (it's multiples of itself). Sorry if its a little confusing, there is a previous thread which explains it better.

Wow, if you have any more information on this I'd love to know.

Thanks!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions