Expired

how much spending money for 10 nights in corfu?

Found 15th Jun 2014
Hi, going to sidari in july for 10 night s/c, was just wondering what you guys feel might be a good amount of money (per day) to take for 2 adults and 1 child(4). Will be for meals(breakfast,lunch and dinner) and drinks as prob go to supermarket for bottled water and snacks through out day.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
£800
Banned
take what you can afford and live within your means
It depends if you intend eating out all the time and how extravagant you want to be. When I do self catering for 3 of us I spend what I spend in the UK ie £10 a day so £100 but I cook and I'm tight.
With drinks you could eadily spend that per person per meal
Its not as cheap as you may think, its an island with a 4-5 month tourist industry as main economy and so prices are reflective of that and cost of importing goods not available to manufacture on the island

Still lots of nice places, get out and explore a bit
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 15th Jun 2014
Original Poster
Thanks. We were looking at taking around €800-1000.so hope that should be enough.
Original Poster
Thanks. We were looking at taking around €800-1000.so hope that should be enough.
Went to Corfu last year. A 2 course meal for 2 with drinks was around 30 euros. Breakfast was between 3.50 - 6.00 euros each. Lager was between 2-3 euros, half a carafe of wine 4 euros, soft drinks 2 euros. We found Corfu was dearer than Cyprus for drinks but cheaper for food. Should be plenty of choice in Sidari but shop around.
Original Poster
Mumofth3Obeast

Went to Corfu last year. A 2 course meal for 2 with drinks was around 30 … Went to Corfu last year. A 2 course meal for 2 with drinks was around 30 euros. Breakfast was between 3.50 - 6.00 euros each. Lager was between 2-3 euros, half a carafe of wine 4 euros, soft drinks 2 euros. We found Corfu was dearer than Cyprus for drinks but cheaper for food. Should be plenty of choice in Sidari but shop around.

thanks for info. really helpful. :-)
Bit of a daft question to be honest it all depends on what you're going to be doing.

Just work out the maximum you can afford to take, divide it by 10 and use that as your limit per day.

Any money you have left each day put it aside and at the end of your holiday do something really great with the saved money or save it for when your home (if there is any left that is)
Depends what you want to do, i have done 2 nights in Poland and spent £500 just on the 2 nights out, and i have done a week in crete and spent £500 between 2 of us, its all relative to what you need/want to spend
It all depends on whether you are alcoholics or not, but 800 will be enough.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions