Expired

How much to pay for taxi insurance?

Found 2nd Nov 2013
hello to any fellow taxi drivers out there ....

I'm looking to get my taxi badge but was asking around and my sister says that taxi insurance is like £4k for newbies!

Is this right? I'm looking to do it part time, so like friday night, Saturday all day and a few nights a week. I have a full time job as well.

Can someone advise me about costs associated with taxis ... I'll be looking at Hackney not private hire
Community Updates
AskInsurance
8 Comments
To drive a Hackney to need to do the knowledge and its not really worth it to go part time,and if you rent a car the insurance is in with rental you only pay your fuel
ettam123

To drive a Hackney to need to do the knowledge and its not really worth … To drive a Hackney to need to do the knowledge and its not really worth it to go part time,and if you rent a car the insurance is in with rental you only pay your fuel

Im a newbie to taxis so sorry if this sounds amateurish .... if I rent a taxi will that be private hire or hackney? how much would it be per week? approx ...
Taxi insurance is expensive, Someone I know pays 2k and he has been driving it for years no accidents. Renting weekly £250 - £300 i think depends
Depends where you are in the UK. In Glasgow you can rent a hackney for about £200/220 per week then the only extra needed is fuel.

You would need to do it full time to make any sort of good money. Most Black cabs up here are not owned by the driver they are hired out on a day shift and then a night shift. As the council no longer issue Taxi plates most change hands for £30k upwards so its a hard game for most people to get into

Private hire cars are much cheaper to get up and running and to rent as there are more of them - that would be your best plan if, as you said, you would be doing this part time
How much can you expect to earn full time vs part time .... approx...
Dont forget when u become a gaxi driver, the laws of the road dont apply to you.
You can go as fast as you want, stop on the opposite side of the road with your headlights on facing the traffic,stop when and wherever you want without any regard for other road users and generally be a risk to anyone near you.
krazyasif786

How much can you expect to earn full time vs part time .... approx...

are you from India, Pakistan????
bloody hell you can say that in any field of work. its common sense.
anyway get quotes and do private hire. what's the point working part time on a black cab? there's some cheap insurance companies in Leeds.
Are you talking to me? Are YOU talking to me?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants