how much to repoint our home?

4 replies
Found 6th Oct 2016
I'm looking at repointing our home. It's a typical sized house 2up 2 down semi detached so it will need three walls doing. Obviously I have no building sense what soever can someone give me a typical price and what they think the absolute best I could get is? I'm in Nottingham.

Also what's the right sort of questions to ask? I know that professionals dig out 20mm I think.

Many thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

£1500 I would estimate.

Questions:
how long should you expect it to last
are they going to manually remove the old grout or use machinery
what are they going to use to re-grout (do you want a specific colour - if so, ask)

£40-£50 sqm + access hire if needed.

Have a look over at diynot.com/diy/
Edited by: "markvirgo" 6th Oct 2016

Banned

quotes differ alot from each person. we have been quoted 3k! so just ask around and you choose. also ask how much it is with labour I and do your maths both ways

sofiasar

quotes differ alot from each person. we have been quoted 3k! so just ask … quotes differ alot from each person. we have been quoted 3k! so just ask around and you choose. also ask how much it is with labour I and do your maths both ways

would anyone really ask for a repointing quote without labour lol

Nothing like stating the bleedin obvious

Thanks for pointing out that different people will come up with different prices. Thats a real eye opener

Anyway, back on topic. £1500 sounds about right assuming a scaffold is required and you dont live in London
Edited by: "chocci" 6th Oct 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52480
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)11
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions