How much to reskim a house

Posted 2nd Dec
      I’m getting a 3 bedroom house mainly reskimmed apart from bathroom which is small and may need some boarding , including cellings

I’m in Manchester and haven’t got a clue what a good price is can someone one through some figures at me please
      Community Updates
      Ask
      12 Comments
      I've just had a plasterer in to my house (West Yorkshire) and he charged £150 per day. Seemed reasonable to me. Hope that guide helps.
      MonkeyMan9002/12/2019 20:56

I've just had a plasterer in to my house (West Yorkshire) and he charged …I've just had a plasterer in to my house (West Yorkshire) and he charged £150 per day. Seemed reasonable to me. Hope that guide helps.

Kind of but all depends on how like it takes that guy
      ashmac02/12/2019 20:57

Kind of but all depends on how like it takes that guy

He said if it doesn't take a full day he just breaks it down in to an hourly rate so if the job only takes 4 hours he will only charge for 4 hours etc. I would assume most of them work like that.
      Edited by: "MonkeyMan90" 2nd Dec
      It's around £300 to £400 to skim a room depending on the size. If it's smaller maybe less plus materials. If it needs boarding then look to pay a additional £400 plus materials. But you will find prices will vary quite a bit from one plasterer to another. If you want a cheaper quote look on gumtree. Seems to be the place to find cheap plasterers. But again cheap and expensive doesn't mean good. If you plaster is not to bad you can get mesh put into it to reinforce it and less prone to cracks. Ask the plasterer about this. Will save on skips, materials and labour. While your doing this check the electrics on the house. As it's a perfect time to upgrade them.
      Ask to go and look at there work. Look for straight corners, lines in the plaster, are they putting up the boards on straight or is it like a wave .
      Tell them they have to clean up there mess. That will put fright in them
      39235982-CXwKX.jpg
      I paid £470 for a medium sized kitchen & a utility room. Had to have the ceiling re-boarded, 1 wall boarded then the whole kitchen skimmed the utility was a window boarded, wall boarded then again the whole room skimmed.
      I want a good job doing so don’t want someone who is going to balls it up , my wife’s mate hit someone who we was going to for who’s was £1200 for the whole upstairs and hall but now find out her words “ I could strangle the guy at times “ hmmm
      I paid £140 a room with a well known plasterer.
      Manchester, its expensive to find a right price so good luck.
      Misslovely03/12/2019 09:28

I paid £140 a room with a well known plasterer.Manchester, its expensive …I paid £140 a room with a well known plasterer.Manchester, its expensive to find a right price so good luck.

Is that with cellings
      ashmac03/12/2019 15:23

Is that with cellings

No. Don't you know any apprentice from college who may now be looking for employment?
      Maybe Facebook?
      Misslovely03/12/2019 15:37

No. Don't you know any apprentice from college who may now be looking for …No. Don't you know any apprentice from college who may now be looking for employment? Maybe Facebook?

I can’t risk looking at iffy lines and wonky corners for the rest of my days haha
      Post a comment
      @
        Text

Discussions