How much will having toilet fitted cost ?

Found 31st Aug 2017
Well just as above really. I'm just trying to get an idea on price a plumber would charge to fit a new toilet in London area ?

I'm on a real budget !

Thank you for any help.
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
It depends on lots of factors. Are you fitting the toilet in a room that already has water/waste. Is it to replace a WC already in place?
Yes just need to replace our current one. thanks
Have you thought about DIY? If its a direct replacement , unbolt it from the floor , turn water off - one little pipe in ,one big one out .
they tend to be just over £200 for fitting only. if you can get rid of the old toilet yourself then it will save money as they charge for removing waste.
Edited by: "mutley1" 31st Aug 2017
£70-£80 for fitting only
markvirgo3 m ago

£70-£80 for fitting only

in london? this would be a very good price if possible. this is more the cost of fitting a tap than fitting a toilet in london from my experience, where you provide the tap.
mutley17 m ago

in london? this would be a very good price if possible. this is more the …in london? this would be a very good price if possible. this is more the cost of fitting a tap than fitting a toilet in london from my experience, where you provide the tap.

Both take about the same time to fit if it's a straight forward toilet.
markvirgo2 m ago

Both take about the same time to fit if it's a straight forward toilet.

if you say so but the new toilet has more connections and it also needs to be secured to the floor and the wall, it is also heavier to deal with. i have had taps replaced and toilets replaced in london and the tap are about £70, the toilet £200 for fitting only.
mutley17 m ago

if you say so but the new toilet has more connections and it also needs to …if you say so but the new toilet has more connections and it also needs to be secured to the floor and the wall, it is also heavier to deal with. i have had taps replaced and toilets replaced in london and the tap are about £70, the toilet £200 for fitting only.

4 screws, 1 pipe conection and a push fit for the waste. Max 30 min job and thats with a cup of tea.
markvirgo4 m ago

4 screws, 1 pipe conection and a push fit for the waste. Max 30 min job …4 screws, 1 pipe conection and a push fit for the waste. Max 30 min job and thats with a cup of tea.

if you work in london then the OP can certainly hire you
It is a easy job to replace a toilet for like for like. If it's replace for style fair enough but if it's a repair make sure you can't just replace a part. System package is about £3.99 and an hour of time.
mutley13 h, 9 m ago

they tend to be just over £200 for fitting only. if you can get rid of …they tend to be just over £200 for fitting only. if you can get rid of the old toilet yourself then it will save money as they charge for removing waste.

£200 to replace a loo? Wow that is steep. I'm so glad I don't live in London any more. My plumber charged me £300 to supply and fit a shower and to replace two radiators last year. Just out of interest, how much does a gas safety certificate cost?
I payed £80. Why don't you ring around? I wouldn't fix it myself because its too much work such as attaching the pan to tank, changing the waste pipe ( i had to altho it was 7 years old because it wouldn't attach anymore) silicon around the toilet and water work
psychobitchfromhell11 h, 38 m ago

£200 to replace a loo? Wow that is steep. I'm so glad I don't live in …£200 to replace a loo? Wow that is steep. I'm so glad I don't live in London any more. My plumber charged me £300 to supply and fit a shower and to replace two radiators last year. Just out of interest, how much does a gas safety certificate cost?

i get the gas safety with my british gas landlord homecare agreement. gas safety certificates are actually quite cheap and you can get them for about £70 but they won't service the boiler which british gas does.

plumbers charge £300 a day in london so they have to allow time to get to the property and back to their home in the quote. traffic in london moves slowly so they can spend a lot of time travelling.

my husband got a bath tub turned round a few months ago and that cost £1,100! rents are expensive in london for a reason.
rogparki16 h, 14 m ago

Have you thought about DIY? If its a direct replacement , unbolt it from …Have you thought about DIY? If its a direct replacement , unbolt it from the floor , turn water off - one little pipe in ,one big one out .

Don't forget they need a vacuum that can suck up water first...
mutley114 h, 52 m ago

in london? this would be a very good price if possible. this is more the …in london? this would be a very good price if possible. this is more the cost of fitting a tap than fitting a toilet in london from my experience, where you provide the tap.

Fitting taps is a very simple job, once the water is turned off you just undo the nuts, remove and put the new ones on - if they charged you £70 you were robbed.
Bigfootpete5 m ago

Fitting taps is a very simple job, once the water is turned off you just …Fitting taps is a very simple job, once the water is turned off you just undo the nuts, remove and put the new ones on - if they charged you £70 you were robbed.

you get robbed all the time in london. i have watched the replacing taps videos but i find access to the taps difficult and i am not strong enough to turn the nuts even with a tool. lol.
mutley150 m ago

i get the gas safety with my british gas landlord homecare agreement. gas …i get the gas safety with my british gas landlord homecare agreement. gas safety certificates are actually quite cheap and you can get them for about £70 but they won't service the boiler which british gas does.plumbers charge £300 a day in london so they have to allow time to get to the property and back to their home in the quote. traffic in london moves slowly so they can spend a lot of time travelling.my husband got a bath tub turned round a few months ago and that cost £1,100! rents are expensive in london for a reason.

Oh my! I get the boiler serviced and the certificate done for £65.
psychobitchfromhell2 h, 2 m ago

Oh my! I get the boiler serviced and the certificate done for £65.

same here (Brighton). I think mutley1 gets ripped off personally. £1100 to turn a bath around!
chocci8 m ago

same here (Brighton). I think mutley1 gets ripped off personally. £1100 to …same here (Brighton). I think mutley1 gets ripped off personally. £1100 to turn a bath around!

I think I'd be going to night school to do a plumbing course
mutley14 h, 9 m ago

i get the gas safety with my british gas landlord homecare agreement. gas …i get the gas safety with my british gas landlord homecare agreement. gas safety certificates are actually quite cheap and you can get them for about £70 but they won't service the boiler which british gas does.plumbers charge £300 a day in london so they have to allow time to get to the property and back to their home in the quote. traffic in london moves slowly so they can spend a lot of time travelling.my husband got a bath tub turned round a few months ago and that cost £1,100! rents are expensive in london for a reason.

I do hope you get different quotes from a few different plumbers? If you do and they all quote that figure then I'm changing careers.

I got a bath and toilet installed for £200 all in, that included him getting a carpenter in to put a wood support for the side panel, I'm only 30 minutes from Waterloo.
psychobitchfromhell3 h, 36 m ago

I think I'd be going to night school to do a plumbing course

i am considering learning to do plumbing as i can already do plumbing to a limited extent so i doubt it would take me long to learn to do the more complex jobs. not to save money but to save time and to do it properly as it would be quicker for me to do the job than to get quotes and arrange access with tenants.

my problem is that i don't have strong hands and so i struggle to undo bolts, nuts etc if they are tight, which they tend to be on old fittings. there is no way i can lift a basin or move the toilet around and you can forget me budging the bath so i would only be able to do limited work that does not require physical strength.
mutley17 m ago

i am considering learning to do plumbing as i can already do plumbing to a …i am considering learning to do plumbing as i can already do plumbing to a limited extent so i doubt it would take me long to learn to do the more complex jobs. not to save money but to save time and to do it properly as it would be quicker for me to do the job than to get quotes and arrange access with tenants.my problem is that i don't have strong hands and so i struggle to undo bolts, nuts etc if they are tight, which they tend to be on old fittings. there is no way i can lift a basin or move the toilet around and you can forget me budging the bath so i would only be able to do limited work that does not require physical strength.

I'd have a go at most things but I would struggle with getting taps off too. I could shift basins etc but I'd be scared of attempting piping.
Haha DIY toilet replacement is not for the faint hearted.
First isolate the water supply with the broken check valve. You'll be lucky if the fixing screws aren't rusted beyond extraction. Then I bet the person who fitted it originally has stuck the pan connector to the soil with an entire tube of silicone.
Then you get to drip crap everywhere when you eventually free the pan (which will probably also be stuck to the floor with silicone) and then have to stink your car out to dispose of it (my local tip now also charge to dispose of toilets).
Now your kids will be telling you they need a poo despite assurances that they went before you started.
Assuming that went well you now have to remove the rusted screws or drill the pan in to a slightly different place. Then make sure you line up the flush pipe or cistern depending which type you're replacing.
Then make sure the inlet valve is adjusted correctly and is connected to the plumbing with the seized check valve that is on the pipe from before.
It all sounds so great in theory, but you're paying for experience and correct tools when you hire a plumber.
I've had a quote of £150 in North Surrey recently for WC replacement.
I've also replaced five toilets in the houses I've lived in, so I'm speaking from experience not a glossy B&Q YouTube video where you're in a nice clean studio with a blank canvas.
moneybag10 m ago

Haha DIY toilet replacement is not for the faint hearted.First isolate the …Haha DIY toilet replacement is not for the faint hearted.First isolate the water supply with the broken check valve. You'll be lucky if the fixing screws aren't rusted beyond extraction. Then I bet the person who fitted it originally has stuck the pan connector to the soil with an entire tube of silicone.Then you get to drip crap everywhere when you eventually free the pan (which will probably also be stuck to the floor with silicone) and then have to stink your car out to dispose of it (my local tip now also charge to dispose of toilets).Now your kids will be telling you they need a poo despite assurances that they went before you started.Assuming that went well you now have to remove the rusted screws or drill the pan in to a slightly different place. Then make sure you line up the flush pipe or cistern depending which type you're replacing.Then make sure the inlet valve is adjusted correctly and is connected to the plumbing with the seized check valve that is on the pipe from before.It all sounds so great in theory, but you're paying for experience and correct tools when you hire a plumber.I've had a quote of £150 in North Surrey recently for WC replacement.I've also replaced five toilets in the houses I've lived in, so I'm speaking from experience not a glossy B&Q YouTube video where you're in a nice clean studio with a blank canvas.

This. From someone who doesnt do much diy, I can tell that replacing a toilet is much harder than replacing a tap, simply because it is bigger, more connections. More likely the pipe connection to the flush won't fit properly either grin the old toilet to the new one. Then it is a bugger to remove the toilet from the floor as it should be fixed solid.
PTibbets34 m ago

Your description fails in the 2nd sentence.

Good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants