Groups

How much will hsbc let me go overlimit?

Anyone know how much can I go overlimit on my current acc. before they start to worry?
    I was sick and company I am working for is not going to pay me for that period so my direct debits will make my acc overlimit, wondering how much will they let me go overlimit before they block acc.

15 Comments

Phone and arrange a overdraft

Original Poster

jeany123;6568171

Phone and arrange a overdraft

already got overdraft and don't think they will increase it

They shouldn't technically let you go too overdrawn, as jeany says phone for an authorised overdraft or you will end up in a real mess

Dreraf;6568178

already got overdraft and don't think they will increase it

They increased mine no bother, but i'm with lloyds TSB

if you go over the agreed limit you will be charged.

Original Poster

vengod;6568201

if you go over the agreed limit you will be charged.

yeah I know £25 but don't know how much can I go overdrawn, my direct debits are about £600 :?

Still phone and tell them they might increase it for you its worth a try

yeah if there direct debits they will probably allow 1 or 2 but you will face charges for going over

penaltychargesforum.co.uk/sho…838

ring them - they will charge if you go overdrawn

if they wont increase your overdraught - even for 3 months
    cancel all your direct debits and standing orders - ring the company involved and apologise

hope you get straight soon

Original Poster

jeany123;6568250

Still phone and tell them they might increase it for you its worth a try

I tried to increase it online but had no luck with it so don't think this will change anything if I phone them

Dreraf;6568291

I tried to increase it online but had no luck with it so don't think this … I tried to increase it online but had no luck with it so don't think this will change anything if I phone them

it's still better if you let them know

Or call in to your local branch and ask to speak to a customer advisor?

Explain the situation and see what they can do for you xx

Original Poster

Thanks all, will call them tomorrow and see if they can help, but really don't have a clue how to get out of this... :thinking:

Dreraf;6568404

Thanks all, will call them tomorrow and see if they can help, but really … Thanks all, will call them tomorrow and see if they can help, but really don't have a clue how to get out of this... :thinking:

It sounds like you're pretty much dependent on the bank making some kind of concession towards you or arranging an agreement with your direct debits somehow...

Good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

you might be charged to go over your overdraft and then charged to allow your direct debit to go out! abbey charge for both! hubby had a £60 fine for going over his overdraft by £4 first charge for going over and 2nd for alloweing the direct debit to be paid!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Toys R Us Warning....2024
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914432
      3. Money Saving Tips...2038
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1326

See more discussions