Groups

How Much Would I get for a damaged Samsung S4?

Just dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 on the step outside *sigh* It looks like I've damaged the LCD as the bottom section of the screen upto the app draw button is obscured and non-responsive (rest of the screen appears to be responsive though?) and the screen has a greenish hue...

What am I looking at roughly if I sell it as parts? I know I'm looking at about £60 just for a new LCD off of eBay.

7 Comments

No insurance ?

Original Poster

dontasciime

No insurance ?

We have house insurance but it doesn't cover accidental damage as far as I am aware...

dreamsofubuntu

We have house insurance but it doesn't cover accidental damage as far as … We have house insurance but it doesn't cover accidental damage as far as I am aware...

cost 40 for a screen

I think care phone warehouse will give £50 if you trade in

Original Poster

hasnawaleed123

cost 40 for a screen

Cheapest I can find is a damaged i9500 which I can rip the screen out of... most LCD screens are at least £65
    Edited by: "dreamsofubuntu" 7th Jan 2015

dreamsofubuntu

Cheapest I can find is a damaged i9500 which I can rip the screen out … Cheapest I can find is a damaged i9500 which I can rip the screen out of... most LCD screens are at least £65

I broke my screen and I went to a shop in town was 40 and I have a temp glass on it now I'm bad for droping my phone and my daughter drops it as well

Original Poster

hasnawaleed123

I broke my screen and I went to a shop in town was 40 and I have a temp … I broke my screen and I went to a shop in town was 40 and I have a temp glass on it now I'm bad for droping my phone and my daughter drops it as well

Sounds like you got off lightly and just damaged the digitiser, unfortunately I have managed to break the actual LCD panel below

Here's a simple diagram of what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/XU0tMJh.png

This part is more expensive to replace... a plastic digitiser will set you back around £20 as a part and then once you add in labour it's probably around £50 to repair however the LCD panel is around £50-70 on it's own so actually with labour included your looking at about £100-£120
    Edited by: "dreamsofubuntu" 8th Jan 2015
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions