Expired

how much would I get for nearly all the Disney dvd classic collection

Found 12th Aug 2012
I have got the nearly complete Disney dvd classic collection except tangled and princess and the frog, all region 2 except make mine music which as never been released on UK dvd this is region one. looking for a price I could sell them for. when I have a guide I will open another page to sell them.

28 Comments

Banned

tree fiddy

sell them individually for more monies

Definatey tree foddy.

Banned

"looking for a price I could sell them for. when I have a guide I will open another page to sell them"

not for 7 days you won't

You would probably be better selling them all individually I would imagine. Before dvds I had every single disney vhs that was released,not just the classics and I loved them,once dvds came out i couldnt even give them away which was a shame!

We are now onto dvds and have around 160 and could not part with them but im sure one day they will be obsolete.

Mind you a lot of them can be bought very cheaply on amazon or ebay.

maybe look at the cex value as a starting guide to the minimum you could get.

Original Poster

csiman

"looking for a price I could sell them for. when I have a guide I will … "looking for a price I could sell them for. when I have a guide I will open another page to sell them"not for 7 days you won't

Smartie pants.

Original Poster

littlepinkstarz

maybe look at the cex value as a starting guide to the minimum you could … maybe look at the cex value as a starting guide to the minimum you could get.

Will do cheers mate.

Original Poster

Cheers fellow hukd friends.

How many is 'nearly all of them' out of interest?

Original Poster

sancho1983

How many is 'nearly all of them' out of interest?

All except 2 as it says in description

I have all that have been released on bluray so far, collecting these now.

Banned

paulwilly

All except 2 as it says in description

How many is that?
Edited by: "greatest666" 12th Aug 2012

Banned

paulwilly

Smartie pants.

nothing smart about reading the rules oO

Just stopping you from getting an infraction

paulwilly

All except 2 as it says in descriptionI have all that have been released … All except 2 as it says in descriptionI have all that have been released on bluray so far, collecting these now.

Yes, I can read, I was asking how many that is. Or do you expect everynody to know how many Disney dvds have been released?

Original Poster

sancho1983

Yes, I can read, I was asking how many that is. Or do you expect … Yes, I can read, I was asking how many that is. Or do you expect everynody to know how many Disney dvds have been released?

48 classics not including all pequals and sequals As I own all them to.

Original Poster

sancho1983

Yes, I can read, I was asking how many that is. Or do you expect … Yes, I can read, I was asking how many that is. Or do you expect everynody to know how many Disney dvds have been released?

82 total

Banned

about £100 the lot then

Original Poster

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wd3ak7.jpg

paulwilly

You have a few non Disney ones in there,plus a good few missing especially some of the older films?
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 12th Aug 2012

Original Poster

takethatfan1978

You have a few non Disney ones in there,plus a good few missing … You have a few non Disney ones in there,plus a good few missing especially some of the older films?

Classic ones as in cartoon are all there plus there sequals, please tell me what's missing.

There are 4 non Disney in there, Narina 3 and wizard of oz prequels or sequals are Disney plus three men and baby/lady which my daughter put there.

paulwilly

Classic ones as in cartoon are all there plus there sequals, please tell … Classic ones as in cartoon are all there plus there sequals, please tell me what's missing. There are 4 non Disney in there, Narina 3 and wizard of oz prequels or sequals are Disney plus three men and baby/lady which my daughter put there.

Yes animated ones there but as you gave collected all the classics and a couple of normal ones it would be a shame not to collect them all? The kid and shaggy dog are not classics?

What about:
Pollyanna
The gnome mobile(one of the best ones)
Song of the south-a must have this one
The castaways
Summer magic
That darn cat
Greyfriars bobby
Babes in toyland plus loads more

The oldies are a must have to any collection imo

Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 12th Aug 2012

Don't DVD's go for anywhere between 50p - £2 nowadays?

I doubt there's anything especially collectable about Disney DVD's as it's a dying format which has been replaced by something better anyway - streaming or blu ray. If you had for example all the teddies issued for a particular character then that would be a physical, collectable item.

Personally I'd start at £100 inc delivery for the lot, or sell in multiples only to save postage.
Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 12th Aug 2012

Original Poster

super_leeds_86

Don't DVD's go for anywhere between 50p - £2 nowadays? I doubt there's … Don't DVD's go for anywhere between 50p - £2 nowadays? I doubt there's anything especially collectable about Disney DVD's as it's a dying format which has been replaced by something better anyway - streaming or blu ray. If you had for example all the teddies issued for a particular character then that would be a physical, collectable item. Personally I'd start at £100 inc delivery for the lot, or sell in multiples only to save postage.

Really just type a few in cex, very few under £3 each some going for £7 so thanks everyone cex it is.

super_leeds_86

Don't DVD's go for anywhere between 50p - £2 nowadays? I doubt there's … Don't DVD's go for anywhere between 50p - £2 nowadays? I doubt there's anything especially collectable about Disney DVD's as it's a dying format which has been replaced by something better anyway - streaming or blu ray. If you had for example all the teddies issued for a particular character then that would be a physical, collectable item. Personally I'd start at £100 inc delivery for the lot, or sell in multiples only to save postage.

Most of the old classic disney ones go for more than that, the newer animated ones that are disney films but not the disney classics then yeah they have a lower value. It depends on the films, i tried looking up the value of some of my old studio ghibli dvds and the price varies depending on the collect-ability, well known popular ones that most people will have get less money than the ones not many people would have.

It's a free listing day on Ebay or wait for the next in a few weeks. Start them all at a fiver each and see what happens. You should sell quite a few and whatever is left you can then put up as a job lot. Depends how much messing around you want to do though. You should clear more money than CEX but there will be more work involved. Some will have no chance of selling but you might catch someone at the right time wanting that particular one.
Edited by: "newbie1001" 12th Aug 2012

paulwilly

Really just type a few in cex, very few under £3 each some going for £7 s … Really just type a few in cex, very few under £3 each some going for £7 so thanks everyone cex it is.

I stand corrected, suppose I don't see value in DVD's having got a well known 'Bay bookmarked and have transferred to Blu ray.

Clear attempt by OP to boast about his fail Betamax collection
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions