How much would it cost in petrol?

I am useless with this sort of thing...

10.4 miles in a 1.4L Peugeot 206

Petrol here was 127.9 last night

Thanks in advance

25 Comments

Banned

seriously how on earth is anyone going to be able to work that out there are to many variables like how fast will you be driving , will there be a lot of stop starting etc

Miles Per Gallon depends on the route, style of driving, etc. So this is VERY rough:

Going on 35 MPG ...

10.4 / 35 = 0.3 gallons (approx)
4.5 litres (per gallon) x 0.3 gallons = 1.35 litres
1.35 * 127.9p = 175.4p

Obviously you can use this to adjust the 35 MPG if you are less/more economical.
Edited by: "TUSSFC" 13th Jan 2011

buy a bike...its cheaper

You would need to measure how far you get on x amount of petrol. So say you reset your odometer and put £20 of fuel in the tank, (ideally when it is at one of the markers so you can see when it comes back tot hat point, and therefore used the £20) then divide the £20 by the number of miles you covered and you get the cost per mile. Then times that amount by 10.4 and you get your journey cost. This will also vary slightly depending on the type of driving you do; traffic, motorways, etc. Hth

Not to mention you need to know the approx Miles Per Gallon (MPG) the car does as that varies from car to car along with how much weight ya carrying and, as fragalicousbob said, how much stop/starting there will be or is it all crusing on a motorway etc.

Hehe 3 answers whilst I typed mine. Oh well.
Edited by: "CyDoNiA" 13th Jan 2011

Original Poster

So roughly £1.75?

Why is this information needed Rosie?

Original Poster

I didn't want an exact answer, just rough.

Reason I ask is my ex reckons it costs him £5 to come and pick up his child - which I just had to pay him because he can't ******* afford it. ****.

RosieWoo

I didn't want an exact answer, just rough. Reason I ask is my ex reckons … I didn't want an exact answer, just rough. Reason I ask is my ex reckons it costs him £5 to come and pick up his child - which I just had to pay him because he can't ******* afford it. ****.

Well roughly £1.75 there and £1.75 coming back. I guess he has a big foot.

Original Poster

Adam2050

Well roughly £1.75 there and £1.75 coming back. I guess he has a big foot.

I guess he's just a lying ****

Thanks

RosieWoo

I didn't want an exact answer, just rough. Reason I ask is my ex reckons … I didn't want an exact answer, just rough. Reason I ask is my ex reckons it costs him £5 to come and pick up his child - which I just had to pay him because he can't ******* afford it. ****.

oO.............omg i know see why he's your ex rosie !! He charges you the petrol to come and get HIS own child ?.........nice

Original Poster

shopstilldrops

oO.............omg i know see why he's your ex rosie !! He charges you … oO.............omg i know see why he's your ex rosie !! He charges you the petrol to come and get HIS own child ?.........nice

No I offer, otherwise he just wouldn't come and that would be worse x

What a **** ,

RosieWoo

Original Poster

tonyg1962

What a **** ,

Correct!

RosieWoo

What a thoroughly nice chap. . . . . . . . . . Not

well 1.75 x 2 is 3.50
and that was just a rough figure so perhaps £5 is not far off the mark
+ perhaps where he buys the petrol from is more expensive

Banned

How awful.

Banned

SOSAGES

well 1.75 x 2 is 3.50 and that was just a rough figure so perhaps £5 is … well 1.75 x 2 is 3.50 and that was just a rough figure so perhaps £5 is not far off the mark+ perhaps where he buys the petrol from is more expensive

plus running costs

AA estimates it costs about 40p per mile on average I believe so 20 x 40p = £8

ex sounds like a complete **** btw

RosieWoo

How can a dad put a price on his Kid/Kids ?

Banned

Your ex should be given the snip immediately.

RosieWoo

What a selfish **** he is well done for getting rid

if you go to the AA Route planner and put the postcode detail to get directions it will give you estimated fuel cost at the bottom right of the map

It's not just petrol costs, there is also wear & tear, depreciation of the car etc

just joshing...

slummymumi6

if you go to the AA Route planner and put the postcode detail to get … if you go to the AA Route planner and put the postcode detail to get directions it will give you estimated fuel cost at the bottom right of the map

Sorry. I don't see the estimate fuel cost. It's just advertisements under the map for me.

Banned

srb

Sorry. I don't see the estimate fuel cost. It's just advertisements under … Sorry. I don't see the estimate fuel cost. It's just advertisements under the map for me.

use adblock plus with firefox and you won't get advertisements
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846071
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214080
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2343
    4. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1111

See more discussions