How much would you pay for an empty box

55 replies
Found 14th Oct 2009
Was just looking for an empty dsi box in response to a request on here when i spotted this.
Thinking of selling my empty box if it's worth this much.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
55 Comments

Original Poster

*********.co.uk/Nin…m14

problem with posting link, here is the item number

why would anyone pay 82 for a box?!

hdizzle;6571171

why would anyone pay 82 for a box?!

Obviously they haven't read the description

Depends what's in it!

lol

Blueberry yumyum;6571204

Depends what's in it!lol

How much would you pay for an empty box

depends what's in it!

Original Poster

LOL:roll:

It's only an empty box, until there's something in it.

i have not just taken pictures of the WII/xbox boxes i have in the loft!!!!!!!!!!!!this is crazy

Original Poster

lorsmanic;6571224

i have not just taken pictures of the WII/xbox boxes i have in the … i have not just taken pictures of the WII/xbox boxes i have in the loft!!!!!!!!!!!!this is crazy

be interseting to see the feedback on this, surely the morals of the seller will step in and highlight that the console is not included, won't they????????

juiceblaster;6571232

be interseting to see the feedback on this, surely the morals of the … be interseting to see the feedback on this, surely the morals of the seller will step in and highlight that the console is not included, won't they????????

no its E**Y...the sellers description is perfectly clear...........it could not be clearer........the buyer has no leg to stand on in any dispute...........he/she will have a small empy box(with instructions) to stand on though..
they have also kept it private so the bidders names are not displayed...so no one can let them know.....im telling you alot of buyers are just plain silly..

i wouldnt pay more than £20 tbh and thats only if there arent any rips in it......

Charlie Scene;6571255

i wouldnt pay more than £20 tbh and thats only if there arent any rips in … i wouldnt pay more than £20 tbh and thats only if there arent any rips in it......

that's alot IMO...:)

seam perfect..

Original Poster

lorsmanic;6571248

no its E**Y...the sellers description is perfectly clear...........it … no its E**Y...the sellers description is perfectly clear...........it could not be clearer........the buyer has no leg to stand on in any dispute...........he/she will have a small empy box(with instructions) to stand on though..they have also kept it private so the bidders names are not displayed...so no one can let them know.....im telling you alot of buyers are just plain silly..

Agreed, just personally don't think I could do it, but then if people are stupid enough not to check what they are buying I guess they get what they deseve.

This is a prime example of dumb ebayers who dont read things properly. Yet i bet ya they will blame the seller.

hi JP :thumbsup:

mod

Hi Guys
How much would you pay to have three goal keepers and eleven outfield player?
That's gotta be priceless

mod

Jumpingphil;6571376

Hi Andy,I'm just signing out of here.CS and DMH are in the photo quiz … Hi Andy,I'm just signing out of here.CS and DMH are in the photo quiz thread.See you another time.

:thumbsup: Night JP

Banned

Jumpingphil;6571297

If the seller is not trying on, why has he listed it under consoles and … If the seller is not trying on, why has he listed it under consoles and systems rather than accessories?Plus quoted postage is high for an empty box.He's also gone to a lot of trouble with the pictures if he really believed he would only get a few quid for it.Having said all that though, he is risking a 100% feedback for this.

I don't agree. He has put BOX in caps in the title and very clearly says its just the box and instructions throughout. Normally scammers put that its just the box in [SIZE="1"]tiny letters at the end of the auction[/SIZE]

Banned

colinsunderland;6571605

I don't agree. He has put BOX in caps in the title and very clearly says … I don't agree. He has put BOX in caps in the title and very clearly says its just the box and instructions throughout. Normally scammers put that its just the box in [SIZE=1]tiny letters at the end of the auction[/SIZE]

but he has taken a picture of the dsi and stylus from the box that cleverly looks like the real deal

I've seen an "XBOX 360 box" go for over £200 :w00t:

Jumpingphil;6571297

Having said all that though, he is risking a 100% feedback for this.

I wonder where he would stand on having any negative feedback removed if found innocent of any wrongdoing (which I assume he would as he really isn't doing anything wrong)?

Banned

csiman;6571637

but he has taken a picture of the dsi and stylus from the box that … but he has taken a picture of the dsi and stylus from the box that cleverly looks like the real deal

Not to me it doesn't!
I had to go through the images twice to see what you meant, part of the photo of the back is still there even, surely he would have editted that out if he intended to con anyone? I presume you mean this one?

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/3/7/2/7/8/webimg/308285181_tp.jpg

And in the questions at the end

Q: Am i correct saying all you are selling here is the empty box and … Q: Am i correct saying all you are selling here is the empty box and instruction manual.? cheers 10-Oct-09A: Hi Yes thats correct. Had a few people ask why - but in the last few months I have found taht people throw them away and then regret it - I have sold many inc Wii, PS3, iPOD, Tom Tom etc. It surprised me too but they do fetch quite a lot. Wii got £50 for box and the buyer was made up - strange but true! Regards PaulQ: Just to be clear this is the box only...with instructions, it does not include the DS 09-Oct-09A: Hi Thats is correct. Kind Regards Paul

How much more clear could he be?

The fact that he has put complete in the title will mean he has to refund ,

tonyg1962;6571950

The fact that he has put complete in the title will mean he has to refund … The fact that he has put complete in the title will mean he has to refund ,

I don't agree, it states multiple times in the description it is for the box only. Seller will just claim it is the box that is complete.

Depends whether he can live with the fact that someone (stupid) has overbid.

greg_68;6571969

I don't agree, it states multiple times in the description it is for the … I don't agree, it states multiple times in the description it is for the box only. Seller will just claim it is the box that is complete.Depends whether he can live with the fact that someone (stupid) has overbid.

It doesnt matter,Ebay dont allow this anymore,It has to clearly state in the title what you are buying, The fact that it says
" Nintendo DSi Complete BOX & Original Instructions NR DS"
will be enough to cancel the sale,If it had stated DSI box with no DSI then that would be okay,

Banned

tonyg1962;6572076

It doesnt matter,Ebay dont allow this anymore,It has to clearly state in … It doesnt matter,Ebay dont allow this anymore,It has to clearly state in the title what you are buying, The fact that it says" Nintendo DSi Complete BOX & Original Instructions NR DS" will be enough to cancel the sale,If it had stated DSI box with no DSI then that would be okay,

+1

plus it is listed under consoles which it clearly isnt. I've bookmarked it to pop up in 2 weeks to see what happened lol

Just goes to show all the nutters whom never read the description or got fed up scrolling down and just bid for it...

What a nasty seller. Yes it's obvious to those who read through the whole listing that it's an empty box, but anyone with any experience of ebay knows a lot of people just don't read, or are just not that bright. Someone is going to be very upset in a few days and the seller knows it.

Got to be shill bids its at £100 now :w00t: People like this need a good slap.

waterloo;6572310

Got to be shill bids its at £100 now :w00t: People like this need a good … Got to be shill bids its at £100 now :w00t: People like this need a good slap.

I doubt it. People just think it's a DSi :x

ChipSticks;6572351

I doubt it. People just think it's a DSi :x

What these scum do is shill bid up the price then somebody comes along in the last few Min's does not red the description properly and bids, they shill bid to make it seem people are bidding on the item and to get the price up trust me.

Think i might sell my xbox360 box..

To be fair (apart from the if you think the seller is deceiving anyone, which I don't) it's not the sellers fault that people are bidding £100+ for it, it's the stoopid buyers who at fault here.

If it was selling for £5 would you have posted it be posted on here..........no.

I think looking at the sellers feedback hwe will probably refund,There is no sign of him scamming anyone else and i think he just made a mistake not listing it correctly,

greg_68;6572441

To be fair (apart from the if you think the seller is deceiving anyone, … To be fair (apart from the if you think the seller is deceiving anyone, which I don't) it's not the sellers fault that people are bidding £100+ for it, it's the stoopid buyers who at fault here. .If it was selling for £5 would you have posted it be posted on here..........no.

Unless he is shill bidding

tonyg1962;6572451

I think looking at the sellers feedback hwe will probably refund,There is … I think looking at the sellers feedback hwe will probably refund,There is no sign of him scamming anyone else and i think he just made a mistake not listing it correctly,

He knows what he is doing alright dont worry about that.

Banned

my mate is bidding it up but aint gonna pay!

csiman;6572534

my mate is bidding it up but aint gonna pay!

What about if i bid with him and see how much we can get it up too :-D

Banned

lol im down for that

Lol

just gone to have a look and its gone missed all the fun again!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3489
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247667
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    4. Add one, leave one game54415467

See more discussions