:-( i cant believe that i didnt hear anything im so **********

20 Comments

I'm so sorry, you must be gutted. :-(

Was this outside your house?

Admin

Sorry hun :-( What a shocker
Have the police found it yet?

Original Poster

it was parked on my drive, they must of pushed it off, then hot wired it up the road.
No the police havent found it yet, it was only a old mirca.

Without wanting to be crass, this is a good example of any older cheaper car without newer security mechanisms has to have a wheel/gear lock of sorts as they are very easy to defeat and steal within seconds.

Hopefully insurance will give you enough for something newer, harder to nick, does your policy cover hire car usage?

Original Poster

schizoboy

Without wanting to be crass, this is a good example of any older cheaper … Without wanting to be crass, this is a good example of any older cheaper car without newer security mechanisms has to have a wheel/gear lock of sorts as they are very easy to defeat and steal within seconds.Hopefully insurance will give you enough for something newer, harder to nick, does your policy cover hire car usage?

no it doesnt cover hire car usage. only been in the house bout 2 months aswell.

Original Poster

does anyone know how long it has to be stolen for before i can claim?

[SIZE=2]Sorry to hear the news :-([/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]You need to ring your insurance company straight away. Depending who you are with varies how long it takes for the payout. But they will start the claim straight away.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Chances are if it's a old Micra then it will be classed as an economical write off anyway as the cost of repairs will be more than the value of the car. [/SIZE]

Original Poster

thanx for the advice, im letting my insurance company know now.

When my friends dads car was stolen he wasn't allowed to claim until the police found his car, within i think it was 30 days. Seeing as the police never found it - he only got half the money back from insurers.

t0mm

When my friends dads car was stolen he wasn't allowed to claim until the … When my friends dads car was stolen he wasn't allowed to claim until the police found his car, within i think it was 30 days. Seeing as the police never found it - he only got half the money back from insurers.

Mmmmmmmmm........i'd contest that then. I worked in Car Insurance for years and that's illegal. They have to pay the value of the car. Most stolen cars are never recovered.

I think it was in his policy, im not sure though, probably was.

Yes that is wrong that they only paid half. As in accepting to pay out then they have agreed that the car has been stolen so they should pay the full price.

Sorry to hear about your car getting pinched, as i used to have an old micra and it was alomost pinched once but i was lucky enough to hear them and chased them away and recovered my car. Hope it all works out for you.

Miss Pink

does anyone know how long it has to be stolen for before i can claim?

I understand they will not pay out until the car is recovered, burnt out or otherwise, they must have something to pay out against otherwise you could hide it in the garage and say it was stolen and then they pay out LOL

Crazy and the cars that are stolen and:

dumped in a river?
exported abroad?
hidden for future criminal use?
burnt out to beyond recognition?
stripped down to parts?
repainted and modified/chopped and sold as a 2nd hand car with new paperwork and used unknowningly?

I'd love to see an insurance company try and get away with that stance after say 6months

Original Poster

they have found my car, dont no what condition it is in yet tho and whats left in it.

Stripped of anything of possible value I expect and probably a write off as mentioned earlier.

Let us know what happens with regard to the insurance.

Are you going to bother looking for a new car on Loot/E&M/Autotrader etc?

Original Poster

schizoboy

Stripped of anything of possible value I expect and probably a write off … Stripped of anything of possible value I expect and probably a write off as mentioned earlier.Let us know what happens with regard to the insurance.Are you going to bother looking for a new car on Loot/E&M/Autotrader etc?

im not keeping the car if its good condition im selling it, i dont want it back after they had it.

At the very least it will have lock and ignition damage, Which would probably be considered a write off.

Original Poster

Iom-RF

At the very least it will have lock and ignition damage, Which would … At the very least it will have lock and ignition damage, Which would probably be considered a write off.

the garage it at said the igniton is damaged, but i knew that, ive gotta wait till i can get a lift there now.

Original Poster

well the car had ignition damage, the had bend the door forward and pop the lock open. i through great not much damage done. But it wouldnt start the damaged the engine and we had to scrap the car.
The good thing was, they left all my stero equipment in the car, which was worth more than the car.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1853
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764048
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2023
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions