Groups

How not to steal live power cables!

Metal thief: vacancy

bbc.co.uk/new…266

38 Comments

Original Poster

Lovely

best punishment for a crime. He wont do that in a hurry!

That will teach him !

Shame ....

Bet he will get a lot more in compensation than the cable was worth.
    Edited by: "chester123" 7th Jun 2011

If he gets compensated that's disgusting

Banned

Feel bad for him. They should throw him a few grand.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Even the article is written in a legal wrangling way as not to place blame on him.

Banned

He said: "When I finally got to see her [his daughter], she didn't know who I was. It wasn't until she could smell me and hear my voice that she realised I was her dad and not some stranger."

The odour of burning flesh from nicking power cables must be a common event in their house then?

Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 7th Jun 2011

JonnyTwoToes

He said: "When I finally got to see her [his daughter], she didn't know … He said: "When I finally got to see her [his daughter], she didn't know who I was. It wasn't until she could smell me and hear my voice that she realised I was her dad and not some stranger."The odour of burning flesh from nicking power cables must be a common event in their house then?

I thought that aswel.

there nearly endeth the lesson.....................

serves him right

JonnyTwoToes

He said: "When I finally got to see her [his daughter], she didn't know … He said: "When I finally got to see her [his daughter], she didn't know who I was. It wasn't until she could smell me and hear my voice that she realised I was her dad and not some stranger."The odour of burning flesh from nicking power cables must be a common event in their house then?

Yeah... i thought that..... maybe he always has BBQ's and always smells like that ...........

I feel for the family to be honest... not him... and he will get a pay out as it states he does not recall what happened, I bet the wires were exposed and therefore there is blame...

Edited by: "RickT" 7th Jun 2011

He’ll probably get a handsome payout as well, possibly looking at a half a mill/million payout depending on his care needs.

makes a nice change for the police when the criminal charges themselves

Banned

dbilsborough

makes a nice change for the police when the criminal charges themselves

The cops will blame him but he'll say he wasn't at vault.

fluffyundacrakas

He’ll probably get a handsome payout as well, possibly looking at a half a … He’ll probably get a handsome payout as well, possibly looking at a half a mill/million payout depending on his care needs.

No chance, he confessed he was stealing. He wont get a penny

Karma.

Dantooine

Yes actually, I deal with cases like this for my job, seen it firsthand many times. Have dealt with plenty of similar cases too.

serves him right, i just wish that he tried to steal the 11 or 33kv lines... wouldnt see him for dust

Banned

Shame the same doesn't happen to all the gypsies who do this too.

There's a few porkys too .............The impact blew part of his skull off, leaving his brain exposed.

what brain ??

Dantooine

Doesn't mean anything. There have been numerous cases on burglars claiming against those they are stealing from and getting injured.

ricko

There's a few porkys too .............The impact blew part of his skull … There's a few porkys too .............The impact blew part of his skull off, leaving his brain exposed.what brain ??

+1 on that thought lol.

He said: "When I finally got to see her, she didn't know who I was.

"It wasn't until she could smell me and hear my voice that she realised I was her dad and not some stranger.

So he has a sniffer dog for a daughter? or could it be he just doesn't wash he ass.

I can honestly say that if I was blind folded I couldn't recognise anyone I know by smell.

Deserves all the pain and suffering he got.

+1 Karma.

Another couple of amps were needed, Scum.

Banned

Dantooine

His solicitor will just say he was in a state of shock when he said that

Banned

I don't get this bit:

"I definitely didn't grab the cabling with my hands because I wouldn't do something like that, but I accept I was there to steal the cabling because there was no other reason for me to be there."

So how else does he think he got electrocuted?

http://32barsoffear.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/emperor.jpg

fluffyundacrakas

Yes actually, I deal with cases like this for my job, seen it firsthand … Yes actually, I deal with cases like this for my job, seen it firsthand many times. Have dealt with plenty of similar cases too.

Fluffy, based on that comment im assuming you are some sort of legal eagle :P
    can you explain the loophole in the law that would allow compensation claims in situations like this? as ive always wondered how that works?

Nb. Wouldn't wish it on anyone but it does serve him right. I also love the fact he got a community service order as well from the court to give him an extra kick.

Banned

There was a classic example of this last December which ended in Murder.

4 **** attempted to nick some cables. One took the 750V DC charge and was unable to let go as he cooked. He screamed so loudly, the others, frightened of getting caught, hit his head with a shovel, killing him.

Dunno of the outcome of the court case. The defendants were all "of no fixed abode". Hopefully that's now rectified.

Banned

guv

There was a classic example of this last December which ended in Murder.4 … There was a classic example of this last December which ended in Murder.4 **** attempted to nick some cables. One took the 750V DC charge and was unable to let go as he cooked. He screamed so loudly, the others, frightened of getting caught, hit his head with a shovel, killing him.Dunno of the outcome of the court case. The defendants were all "of no fixed abode". Hopefully that's now rectified.

I need a link for that - and not one to a Three Stooges Movie!

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

I don't get this bit:"I definitely didn't grab the cabling with my hands … I don't get this bit:"I definitely didn't grab the cabling with my hands because I wouldn't do something like that, but I accept I was there to steal the cabling because there was no other reason for me to be there."So how else does he think he got electrocuted?

You do know that electricity can pass through air? Do you think there is a reason not to get nearer than 9 foot from overhead railway cables? It was his head that took the jolt! Maybe he head butted them!

Justice. I wish all criminals get the same treatment. We may live in a better society without fear.

milesy29

best punishment for a crime. He wont do that in a hurry!

Shocking....

JonnyTwoToes

X)

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

newsshopper.co.uk/new…ne/

newsshopper.co.uk/new…ne/

bromleytimes.co.uk/new…829

I know it doesn't give the full facts...... But you dont get arrested for murder for being with a dope who got electrocuted. But lets just say I know someone in the know...... And they were of the chavie inclination!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller12
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047144
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1946
      4. love affairs1958

See more discussions