How often do retail outlets clean keypads & touchscreen ordering systems!?

Posted 15th Jan
..No I'm not ocd, but I do know I washed my hands, I'm just not sure about the throughput for increasingly mechanized ordering & payment systems!

So can anyone at Monalds for instance (who use a plethora of ordering screens for public to access their fast food) inform us as to cleaning vs tables with a bug killing spray, ..I for one haven't seen it done, but I'm not a fast food regular, so citing them as they have lots of sites using this sort of system.

Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I'm OCD for this to the point I end up cleaning my finger tips with their ketchup. I imagine they get cleaned if they look dirty, maybe a few times a day but you can imagine how many people have touched the screen before you. Then there's the door handle, then there's the person serving you so scratches their nose, butt, ear before serving you. I've not become ill from any of these of course, but it's disgusting to think about. So just try not to.
Never. Most share a handset. Some share a headset (ears are also a good access point for microbia)

Disgusting and at a moderately extreme end of the spectrum as it may sound, you may want to also consider natural immunity. There's a lot of C-df and other things going around that never existed in the slam door train era when toilets emptied onto the track. Remember I did say 'disgusting'.

Prevent exposure and decrease natural resistance. There's a cross over point somewhere but many people can only see the need for clean.
Just clean your hand before you eat.
Cisco06060615/01/2020 11:36

Just clean your hand before you eat.

Which hand do you wipe your behind with? I don't; I use toilet paper.

If @Mr_Gus is at "Monalds", then he may use the "McWash".
Agree that most places needs the gel that hospitals use! I don’t like touching my kfc door never mind touch screens. I went to Apple store to look at iPad and I swear it was filthy!
fanpages15/01/2020 11:46

Which hand do you wipe your behind with? I don't; I use toilet paper.If …Which hand do you wipe your behind with? I don't; I use toilet paper.If @Mr_Gus is at "Monalds", then he may use the "McWash".

..which begs the question how often do the bogs get cleaned, let alone the door handles?
I tend to eat at Mc d's 1x per year but often less, usually to get me over the hump coming back from a long day of flight travelling in the last miles so I can get a good nights sleep before going out next day for fresh food. (if I haven't got a roll left over or something).

Their coffee is awful, so I don't tend to stop for that, & the mc-dump "zone" mc-wash ...well, likely in the corner with the 5 year old having a noisy party, (no, not intimidated by 5 year olds, though the noise does make me want to exit "sooner".

However when in with other people & just hanging around, (leg stretching) the new preference is the touch screen self order, which i've never seen sprayed down & buffed, ..unlike going around the tables & floor etc... thus the question for a heavier user of Mc-nasties than me.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 15th Jan
This will put you off McDonald's.
If that doesn't then this will.
Just use the app to order if you are worried about germs on the touchscreens in branch.
Does it really matter that much as long as you wash your hands before you eat?
You can’t go through life worrying about this. There never use to be this much paranoia about. On a Sunday you use to get crisps, nuts, cheese and stuff on a big plate left on the bar, everyone use to tuck in and guarantee never washed there hands, it sounds bad now but 25 years ago everywhere was the same. Best part was getting a lock in at 3pm before it went to all day opening...
Its not really worth worrying about. Yes other people have germs, but so does the door, table, your coat, the chair etc.

Unless a previous customer has been handling raw meat and then goes and orders without washing their hands you are unlikely to come to any harm.
Ringfinger15/01/2020 12:35

This will put you off McDonald's.If that doesn't then this will.

Ringfinger15/01/2020 12:35

This will put you off McDonald's.If that doesn't then this will.

& that's another reason I tend not to eat in their joints, the info I was after, but no confirmation from mc d's on that second link as to cleaning frequency.
Bargainhead15/01/2020 14:04

You can’t go through life worrying about this. There never use to be this m …You can’t go through life worrying about this. There never use to be this much paranoia about. On a Sunday you use to get crisps, nuts, cheese and stuff on a big plate left on the bar, everyone use to tuck in and guarantee never washed there hands, it sounds bad now but 25 years ago everywhere was the same. Best part was getting a lock in at 3pm before it went to all day opening...

I don't but with new tech that increases exposure / risk then it is worth asking in order to understand.
As I have animals / animal contact I wash my hands frequently, ..merely the thought arose to ask therefore.

We've all been to the pub & witnessed the guy / manager who uses the loo then "air dips" tips of fingers under a tap for a fraction of a second then steams out again to handle "god only knows" ...so i'm merely thinking in the same vein, ...eg. supermarket trolley etc etc.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 15th Jan
Mr_Gus15/01/2020 14:52

I don't but with new tech that increases exposure / risk then it is worth …I don't but with new tech that increases exposure / risk then it is worth asking in order to understand.As I have animals / animal contact I wash my hands frequently, ..merely the thought arose to ask therefore.We've all been to the pub & witnessed the guy / manager who uses the loo then "air dips" tips of fingers under a tap for a fraction of a second then steams out again to handle "god only knows" ...so i'm merely thinking in the same vein, ...eg. supermarket trolley etc etc.

Not really much new tech, if anything it stops exposure, everyone pays by card now, years ago it was money. If your worried about germs check how much use to be on money... plus a lot more now than ever people are more cautious compared to years ago. But that’s a bad thing as no one builds up tolerance like they use to.
I love to rub the screens then munch a big mac ! It adds to the flavour tbh
ashmac15/01/2020 18:02

I love to rub the screens then munch a big mac ! It adds to the flavour tbh

Before or after flashing in the car park "play area" & scooting bare butt across the entrance mats shouting "I've got worms, I've got worms" !?
google.co.uk/amp…mp/ There was a programme on it a while ago, maybe watchdog? They will always be known as ‘poo screens’ now
I just order with the human being who (mostly) can understand I do want extra gherkins
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions