How often to water a Lilly

Found 25th May
Never been a flower person butttt here we go. How often am I suppose to waterr a Lilly?
Community Updates
AskFlowers
Top comments
What?????
11 Comments
What?????
Have u pollinated?(angel)
Check that the soil is evenly moist, watering whenever the top few inches of soil feel a bit dry. Once new growth is obvious, lilies need about 1 inch of water each week and should receive supplemental watering during dry spells.
A spot of Baby Bio will go down well with your flower every week too.
For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day. If it's too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over. Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils (e.g., Madonna lilies).

Good luck @Merry000
andywedge42 m ago

Check that the soil is evenly moist, watering whenever the top few inches …Check that the soil is evenly moist, watering whenever the top few inches of soil feel a bit dry. Once new growth is obvious, lilies need about 1 inch of water each week and should receive supplemental watering during dry spells.A spot of Baby Bio will go down well with your flower every week too. For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day. If it's too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over. Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils (e.g., Madonna lilies).Good luck @Merry000

Oh wow. Thanks a lot
Firstly what type of lily is it? If it’s a water lily you only have to keep the pond topped up. If it’s a land based lily just keep the soil lightly moist, don’t flood it.
I'm sure Leah will read this too.
Misslovely10 h, 53 m ago

I'm sure Leah will read this too.

Toptrumpet33 m ago

Just in case she doesn’t, I’ll put a shout out.@LeahsMintytoutou ass …Just in case she doesn’t, I’ll put a shout out.@LeahsMintytoutou assistance needed in aisle 3.

Haha

i seem to have angered some people by wondering and asking on my thread so I've expired it

This question in this op I do believe is a genuine one but can't help but wonder why not google it instead but each to their own I guess
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 26th May
LeahsMintytoutou3 h, 57 m ago

Haha i seem to have angered some people by wondering …Haha i seem to have angered some people by wondering and asking on my thread so I've expired it This question in this op I do believe is a genuine one but can't help but wonder why not google it instead but each to their own I guess

I'm waiting for someone to ask people how often they have a bath or how often they change bed sheets
Misslovely1 h, 10 m ago

I'm waiting for someone to ask people how often they have a bath or how …I'm waiting for someone to ask people how often they have a bath or how often they change bed sheets

The last one is obvious. If they stay a second night you’re doing it right. If not then change them more often.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions