How old do you have to be before you can have a mid-life crisis?

I think I may be in the midst of one now, but im only 32! Can this be right? I'm tempted to do one of the stereo-typical mid-life crisis things at the minute, at it isnt buying a sports car. Trouble is if I go through with it someones going to end up hurt.

67 Comments

if you've got the money, just buy one

Original Poster

warmapplepie;2066956

if you've got the money, just buy one

Its not the sports car, and the offer ive been tempted by doesnt cost!

How old is she then???

do u have a family?

not permitted until you're at least 34 :roll:

Bet it WILL cost :whistling:

oh! u gotta lil kid as well havent u! i know what ur talking about...its not mid life crisis...its because of kids. sounds horrible but true...ur not alone

Original Poster

edjaned;2067024

do u have a family?

Yes but things have been rocky for a long while now, tried sorting things out and getting nowhere, I'm not really happy and i'm sure my partners not either, some of this is most likely rubbing off on the kids, and affecting their happiness too.

Banned

the grass isnt always greener

sassie;2067041

very true

my mate has been with his girl for ages...he is a complete star.... but he has twins about 2-3 and its very stresful at times... he wouldnt do it..but the thought has crossed his mind...i know cos i was talking to a friend who is kinda seeing someone but was about to sleep with his manager and he rang me to say he didnt and for a telling off (im his concious! sp!!) but i was like ur an idiot.. y didnt u..e was shocked but mentioned that his mate was saying the same and we r not the type of ppl to say this... its the stress of kiddies..u wouldnt want it any other way...but its not easy either and maybe its like an escape?

me and hubby have had BIG fights as well.... and then yeah it makes me think.... why i ould be treated better elsewhere..but then u have the odd good times and u rmbr why u r together.

really it is because of kiddies..... try something different..get away.. leave kids if u can and get away?!

Aw never felt like this and hope i never do, but wish you luck in what you decide....at the end of the day always BE HONEST!....it's does'nt hurt as much.

harlzter;2067036

Yes but things have been rocky for a long while now, tried sorting … Yes but things have been rocky for a long while now, tried sorting things out and getting nowhere, I'm not really happy and i'm sure my partners not either, some of this is most likely rubbing off on the kids, and affecting their happiness too.

i know how u feel,i wouldnt say im happy anymore (hate to admit it) its like a vicious circle we have the talk things improve for a couple of weeks then back to square one again, :-(

edjaned;2067079

i know how u feel,i wouldnt say im happy anymore (hate to admit it) its … i know how u feel,i wouldnt say im happy anymore (hate to admit it) its like a vicious circle we have the talk things improve for a couple of weeks then back to square one again, :-(

phew thought i was the only one then!

at the end of the day...it will get better... i believe when the stress calms down it will

sassie;2067041

but you might as well have a look and see if it is!

Original Poster

edjaned;2067079

i know how u feel,i wouldnt say im happy anymore (hate to admit it) its … i know how u feel,i wouldnt say im happy anymore (hate to admit it) its like a vicious circle we have the talk things improve for a couple of weeks then back to square one again, :-(

I think its only because of the kids we stay together, but then is it really doing the kids any good when they pick up on the tensions? Probably the best thing to do would be for me to move out give it a while and see how I feel then. I'd rather leave whilst we are still at the stage before we hate each other. Its been like this for around two years now gradually getting worse. I think the thing that scares me most about leaving is not stopping me see my son but the older two too who ive brought up from 2 and 3 as my own for the past 4 years!

The fact that you are asking the question proves that you've got a conscious, it might make things better for a short while but in the long run i think it would make you feel worse then you feel already

harl.... one thng that makes me think is the kids.....

Banned

Mclovin;2067096

but you might as well have a look and see if it is!

if you think its cheap enough then there really is no need to just look

nadss;2067103

The fact that you are asking the question proves that you've got a … The fact that you are asking the question proves that you've got a conscious, it might make things better for a short while but in the long run i think it would make you feel worse then you feel already

hiya nadss....

nadss makes a valid point....

if u move out i think ur only doing it for the kicks.... ie u get to see the other woman and then u feel u will walk back and all will be hunky dory....

ur sacrificing a lot.

sassie;2067105

if you think its cheap enough then there really is no need to just look

SASSIE STOP TELLING HIM TO CHEAT!

corrr some people :whistling:

harlzter;2067100

I think its only because of the kids we stay together, but then is it … I think its only because of the kids we stay together, but then is it really doing the kids any good when they pick up on the tensions? Probably the best thing to do would be for me to move out give it a while and see how I feel then. I'd rather leave whilst we are still at the stage before we hate each other.

yeah i think thats good thinking

sometimes i find myself lookin at my partner wondering wtf i saw in him i have never admitted that b4 maybe its just stress lol

Original Poster

magicbeans;2067113

hiya nadss.... nadss makes a valid point....if u move out i think ur only … hiya nadss.... nadss makes a valid point....if u move out i think ur only doing it for the kicks.... ie u get to see the other woman and then u feel u will walk back and all will be hunky dory....ur sacrificing a lot.

No the point is to sit back and reflect with no other woman just me myself and I, no distractions no complications.

harlzter;2067151

No the point is to sit back and reflect with no other woman just me … No the point is to sit back and reflect with no other woman just me myself and I, no distractions no complications.

maybe your feelings will come back then,
absense makes the heart grow fonder and all that

so there isnt a woman? you just wanna move out?

harlzter;2067151

No the point is to sit back and reflect with no other woman just me … No the point is to sit back and reflect with no other woman just me myself and I, no distractions no complications.

Easier said though!!!

edjaned;2067118

yeah i think thats good thinking sometimes i find myself lookin at my … yeah i think thats good thinking sometimes i find myself lookin at my partner wondering wtf i saw in him i have never admitted that b4 maybe its just stress lol

we all have those days.... but on a clear normal day u think wow.... its jus normal to be like that.

harlzter;2067151

haha! yeah RIGHT...if i was in a hotel room on my own and there was a possibility to go somehwere with someone i fancied...i doubt id be sitting there pondering!

maybe thats me.... !

harlzter;2067151

A trial separation, could work i suppose, give you both a break from eachother before things get worse, then when you do see eachother it can be fun again!

Original Poster

Mclovin;2067157

so there isnt a woman? you just wanna move out?

There isnt one as such but the potential, its strange because i'm no looker, not rich (constantly broke), dont have a toned figure but still get female attention. Its not the first time an opportunity has risen but I do feel a certain magnetism drawing me in some natural chemistry and attraction this time!

7 year itch is not just an old wives tale!

Its just the fact that by then, as some people are trying to tell you, you have settled into a bit of a rut where you're getting used to kids, no money, home things to do instead of relaxing etc, and there are nicer propositions available.

Pay a little more attention to your partner and see if that relights the spark.(its amazing what some attention can do!). That might change your mind!

Thing is, how would you feel about yourself if you did do anything? Imagine a life without the little tykes! (Pre-edited in case theres mods out there!!)

Life without them, for me, is not worth having.

Anyway up, its up to you to decide, I hope you choose well!

sometimes i worry b4 i know it my life will have past me by and i will regret no splitting years ago,we used to be best of friends but well he ballsed it all up.
anyway sorry hartzler for takin over your thread with my own probs

harlzter;2067180

There isnt one as such but the potential, its strange because i'm no … There isnt one as such but the potential, its strange because i'm no looker, not rich (constantly broke), dont have a toned figure but still get female attention. Its not the first time an opportunity has risen but I do feel a certain magnetism drawing me in some natural chemistry and attraction.

Maybe its your aftershave:thumbsup:

i reckon 19, thats wen i had it

Original Poster

magicbeans;2067165

we all have those days.... but on a clear normal day u think wow.... its … we all have those days.... but on a clear normal day u think wow.... its jus normal to be like that.haha! yeah RIGHT...if i was in a hotel room on my own and there was a possibility to go somehwere with someone i fancied...i doubt id be sitting there pondering!maybe thats me.... !

I can live for long periods of my own company, can restrain my urges. Ive never been one to jump from one relationship to another (i give it a good 2/3 hours first) seriously though out of the frying pan has never been my style. I'm a thinker, maybe thats my trouble who knows maybe I think too much!!!

harlzter;2067180

There isnt one as such but the potential, its strange because i'm no … There isnt one as such but the potential, its strange because i'm no looker, not rich (constantly broke), dont have a toned figure but still get female attention. Its not the first time an opportunity has risen but I do feel a certain magnetism drawing me in some natural chemistry and attraction.

when ur married/long relationship u and ur partner become rubbish at complimenting each other. u become lil robots that are there to provide for kids... marriages can also become sexless as well which only adds to u feeling pretty unsexy.

because of this i think u feel... maybe if i started afresh id have that honeymoon period again where ther is loadsa intamacy and complimets....but the honeymoon period wont last forever....ultimately u gotta face upto normal life.... with kids it can become unsexy but maybe u and ur partner shud set a date and time when u schedule in sex..sounds rubbish but it works and maybe that would help in u realising ur ife finds u attractive?

gtg b back in a hr or so.... good luk harl and ed... ed ikwym.... but same thing for u.... i feel same somedays... its kids stress hun x

kamy187;2067200

i reckon 19, thats wen i had it

Whaddya mean 19, thats when I had it ?????

I've had one every 6 weeks since I was 21!!!!

just noticed myself hartzter and magic beans are all pretty close to the 2000

Original Poster

Theres only 70,odd posts between us! Dont worry about hijacking thread edjane sometimes its good just to talk and explore how you do feel.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1525
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764044
    3. PDF Drive is your search engine for PDF files. No annoying ads, no download…22
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183317

See more discussions