Groups

How ready are you for Christmas?

With only 80 days until Christmas, how ready are you?

Are you a listmaker? Who's on and who's off the list?

Have you already bought and wrapped your presents
    (I know someone who bought all this year's prezzies in the January Sales!!)

Any suggestions for difficult to buy for relatives?

Are you staying here or going abroad?

Are you cutting your prezzie budget this year or melting the plastic as usual?

Has reading this post made you panic??

24 Comments

ive bought loads in boots on glitches instead of 3for2 i got 3 for 1 and they starting their pinkies again wednesday

I love Christmas, and can't wait. I got loads of bits for my kids already up in the loft that I've picked up throughout the year. Bought my first 'gone out and bought specially' present yesterday for my brother!! Got half my cards and ready and waiting for the 1st of December to put me decs up woo hoo

No. Never have been, and probably will not be this year :). Actually, gift giving is banned amongst our adult friends and family; we only buy for the children.

yes i'm panicing..... i haven't bought a thing yet!!! think the plastic will be getting hammered this month :roll:

Wow thats alot of questions OP lol

I haven't bought anything yet, I never do until December gets here but I will be moving before Christmas so won't want to be moving all the pressies too

Original Poster

hannah19790;3129774

I love Christmas, and can't wait. I got loads of bits for my kids already … I love Christmas, and can't wait. I got loads of bits for my kids already up in the loft that I've picked up throughout the year. Bought my first 'gone out and bought specially' present yesterday for my brother!! Got half my cards and ready and waiting for the 1st of December to put me decs up woo hoo

Does everybody still use the paper chains their kids made in school?

Oops just me then :oops:

my kids love making new ones every year comp to make the longest

Original Poster

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-kitten-writes-santa.jpg

cannyscot;3129800

Does everybody still use the paper chains their kids made in school?Oops … Does everybody still use the paper chains their kids made in school?Oops just me then :oops:

Noooooooooooo ... I get all the decorations & bits of xmas 'stuff' out every year that all 3 of my children made when they were liccle

OP ..I have about 1/2 pressies sorted (not wrapped yet though!) still lots to get & do, but will enjoy every second of it ...

cannyscot;3129800

Does everybody still use the paper chains their kids made in school?Oops … Does everybody still use the paper chains their kids made in school?Oops just me then :oops:

nooooo, me too:oops: I think I enjoy it more than the kids lmao

cannyscot;3129800

Does everybody still use the paper chains their kids made in school?

Why bother? There's a perfectly good paper chain ready to be unrolled in the bathroom.:p You just need a little fluffy dog to assist.

snowtiger;3129843

Noooooooooooo ... I get all the decorations & bits of xmas 'stuff' out … Noooooooooooo ... I get all the decorations & bits of xmas 'stuff' out every year that all 3 of my children made when they were liccle :)OP ..I have about 1/2 pressies sorted (not wrapped yet though!) still lots to get & do, but will enjoy every second of it ...

Aww, someone else who enjoys it as much as me. Seems soo different these days - people don't get quite as excited anymore:?

[CENTER]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-merry-freakin-christmas-cat.jpg[/CENTER]

DIVA1977;3129725

ive bought loads in boots on glitches instead of 3for2 i got 3 for 1 and … ive bought loads in boots on glitches instead of 3for2 i got 3 for 1 and they starting their pinkies again wednesday

what are pinkies please?!:thinking:

hannah19790;3129865

Aww, someone else who enjoys it as much as me. Seems soo different these … Aww, someone else who enjoys it as much as me. Seems soo different these days - people don't get quite as excited anymore:?

I start getting excited some time in November, I try & make a really big deal of it, It's a nice ending to the year & a good excuse to get drunk too !! ( only kidding as if the 'cook 'n' bottle washer' gets time for a booze up anyway!)

[CENTER]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-cat-loves-christmas.jpg

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-christmas-cat-wakeup.jpg[/CENTER]

Original Poster

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/loldogs-funny-dog-pictures-sorry-to-inform-you.jpg

Banned

am not even ready for xmas my little one will be 23 months in december so not sure what to get her and she will be 2 in january. 7th

With Christmas now seemingly starting in september, I took the decision last year and this year not to buy ANY* presents until December 23 days = loads of time

*unless its at rediculously cheap price or something I cant get elsewhere.

im almost done. just gotta get few bits for 2year old and presents for baby. and my nan and MIL then i'm done

Original Poster

What kind of Christmas do you think you're going to have?

The David Cameron Christmas - you're feeling on top of the world

or

The Gordon Brown Christmas - the bottom has fallen out of your world

or

The High Fibre Christmas - the world has fallen out of your bottom?

I started away back in June, My friends all laughed at me but I really struggled last year and I really don't want to be putting more money on credit cards. :?

Picked up cheap DVD's, games and perfume for the family. I only have a few prezzy's to buy. I even bought my xmas cards in Jan and got my xmas paper a couple of months ago because the birthday shop near me was closing down.

Also got some saving stamps for morrisons for the alcohol over xmas... every little helps :w00t:

Only downside is I have loads of birthdays over the next couple of months, but at least this way I'm not forking out a fortune all at the same time. :gift::santa:

Have got a list, Bought bits for kids and one of the main presents. Been planning gift baskets (home made) for friends, teachers and family. Gonna have a day when I make them up ready. Then its just the other kids main presents and I am done. Want to be finished before Dec this year. Left loads till last minute last year then got sick and was stuck in bed, will not be doing that this year.

i bought some more online last night. My sister who has everything i found a cool novelty gift. Im pretty much sorted now.
    I love xmas but find it stressful.

I have already got all my cards, wrapping paper, gift tags etc... Most of my presents are already bought so all ive got to do is wrap them. Got everything August & September.

Ive only got the tree and decorations to buy which is nothing. Ive never been this organised, but it feels great not to have to worry about the christmas queues and presents being sold-out. Plus, all was brought with cash. Don't own a credit card :-) xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718
      2. Sad news about Barcelona24107
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119

See more discussions