Expired

How reliable are Quidco?

Found 26th Dec 2013
I've bought something for quite a lot of money expecting 4% cashback.

The money has tracked, and if approved I will get it in March 2014.

Do they usually approve (retailer) I've never bought anything via QuidCo before.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Its not about quidco being reliable.

Cashback is hit or miss, its not a guarantee.
no. purchased a £495 watch from ernest jones, specifically went through quidco, rather than store. Surprisingly, no payment, even though it shows on my account as a trace......jokers.
It matters who you bought the item from. 4% is quite good. Some companies pay you the amount after removing vat from their price sometimes so watch out for that. I use topcashback and have bought things from 4 companies Ebuyer(paid in 1 week), Viking(paid in 1 month), Game(paid in 4 months) and dial-a-phone(paid in 3 weeks). So I've had a good experience. Like J4GG4 said Cashback isn't guaranteed at all it's up to them if they feel like paying out or not you can't do much. Which retailer did you buy from?
I havent had a problem yet both with tcb or quidco. used it with t mobile debenhams sky all paid up
Original Poster
jaggededge

It matters who you bought the item from. 4% is quite good. Some companies … It matters who you bought the item from. 4% is quite good. Some companies pay you the amount after removing vat from their price sometimes so watch out for that. I use topcashback and have bought things from 4 companies Ebuyer(paid in 1 week), Viking(paid in 1 month), Game(paid in 4 months) and dial-a-phone(paid in 3 weeks). So I've had a good experience. Like J4GG4 said Cashback isn't guaranteed at all it's up to them if they feel like paying out or not you can't do much. Which retailer did you buy from?

I bought from The Hut group it was an electronic purchase, estimated payment in 4 months
If the money has tracked its normally paid out. I Just put in a claim on quidco for £70 after the money didn't track and i got that paid ok.
its not quidco that have to be reliable, its down to the retailer. quidco are just the site that advertise them and they can chase up your cash back claims. but if the retailer choose not to pay up, there's not a lot u can do about it.
Most pay, but some pay in their own good time. I had a Voda contract pay out after just over 2 years. I got the wife a dress from Coast and that has said 'tracked' for just over 2 and a half years now!

You have to look at it as a nice bonus, but don't rely on it...
I think they are very good, so far I have earned over £100 with Quidco Cashback... However its VERY IMPORTANT that if you use cookie blockers or ad-blockers built into your browser you shall have to DISABLE them... otherwise Quidco will not be able to track your purchase, this as happened to me a few times, but I did eventually get the cashback via customer service but its a time consuming process, so make sure you disable any firewall or security (in-built) browser settings such as pop-up blockers and ad-blockers to make the all process hassle-free
OVOfest

I bought from The Hut group it was an electronic purchase, estimated … I bought from The Hut group it was an electronic purchase, estimated payment in 4 months

Yeah I think you have a good chance of getting your cashback from The Hut as they have decent reviews on TCB and Quidco. They might remove VAT from the price so you might get cashback from the gross value of the product not the net value. It does take ages sometimes to pay out like from Game they took 4 months but they did pay out. However don't think you'll get cashback for sure as The Hut might be harsh and refuse your claim but for your sake I hope not.
Edited by: "jaggededge" 27th Dec 2013
Personally never had a problem with Quidco. Always paid out, can take a while though

But as others have said, it's a bonus - not guaranteed so don't rely on it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants