Groups

How rude are people on freecycle?!

How rude can some people be? I listed my games tables on freecycle as I needed them gone by Thursday when were moving. One of the emails said this -

"dont you dare give these to anyone else. im going to collect. send me your address"

Safe to say i didnt give them my address!!

45 Comments

Banned

I think HUKD is ruder.

People are polite on my freecycle.

loool^

Original Poster

chapchap

Maybe send them the address to the local BNP HQ or islam centre? That … Maybe send them the address to the local BNP HQ or islam centre? That will be a laugh.

Might send him to some random address telling them that I house share and they have to say a secret code word. Then give them a really stupid thing to say when the door is opened!

Banned

Just report them to the freecycle moderator.

Original Poster

Someones just asked for a piano on my local! lol

Banned

dh058977

Someones just asked for a piano on my local! lol

Why not? oO

My dad had a piano to give away a while ago.

I think its worse when they send an e-mail all interested, you contact them and they won't reply or come and collect.

i put a few things on freecycle and found some to be really rude, no thank you's etc its a shame really as manners dont cost.

Sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. Probably they aren't even aware they are being rude.

Original Poster

dungavel

Sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. Probably they aren't even aware they … Sounds a bit tongue-in-cheek to me. Probably they aren't even aware they are being rude.

Might well be tongue in cheek but it wont get them anywhere!

I've always found HUKD to be really b*tchy. If you post something that is a good deal (the whole idea of the site) but somebody doesn't need it or it's not available near them, all you get is stick for it. I've given up posting good deals I find for this very reason.

Banned

Give me your goddam games tables.....No need for your address.... I've already got it! X)

ON YER BIKE

Banned

minifish33

I've always found HUKD to be really b*tchy. If you post something that is … I've always found HUKD to be really b*tchy. If you post something that is a good deal (the whole idea of the site) but somebody doesn't need it or it's not available near them, all you get is stick for it. I've given up posting good deals I find for this very reason.

If you want b****y post in the miscellaneous

Banned

mumbojumbo

How rude!

Whooosh.

DLM

Don't even get me started o the whole troupe of 'helpful' people who jump at the chance to point out that 'your post is in the wrong section'

I gave away a Dyson and the stories i was getting were mental. " Hi there, i've just had cancer and this is just what i need" erm..WTF?

DLM

It's the same people who cowardly insult people on here.Every site has them in truth & I've never come across one of these cowards wanting to do a face to face to solve the differences.

Banned

mumbojumbo

double whoosh!

You cheated.. You used the wrong smiley! X)

Banned

chapchap

Maybe send them the address to the local BNP HQ or islam centre? That … Maybe send them the address to the local BNP HQ or islam centre? That will be a laugh.

islam centre? WTF

I've given up on freecycle. I got sick of people asking for stuff then not bothering to collect them.

g1bbuk

I've given up on freecycle. I got sick of people asking for stuff then … I've given up on freecycle. I got sick of people asking for stuff then not bothering to collect them.

Sounds like Gumtree lol.

That's very rude, cheeky so and so!

Most of them sell things on for profit.

Abvance

Yep it's a full time job for them

Banned

Abvance

That's life.

I have had some great things from freecycle.

I got a nice coop for my hens

Not that I ever expect to have anyone kiss my feet with gratitude when I offer something up on my local Freecycle but a simple thank you would be appreciated. You've got to love the requests for iphones or those offering a 'could do with a little clean' mattress.

Just joined my local freecycle cos of this thread. I did'nt know it existed.
    Giving stuff away can be interesting.
    We gave a sofa+chair, table and 4 chairs and a wardrobe to BHF in Birkenhead and they wrote back and said they got £285 for the stuff!!
    Then they said if we had changed our mind we could have the money they raised, minus only 1% commission!!
    People will be taking advantage of BHF if they are not carefull. No, we let them keep the money.
    Edited by: "tonyp2020" 16th Jan 2011

Glad it's not just us! We put a very old laptop on freecycle a while ago and the sob stories were very entertaining...
    One was 'I have told my disabled daughter you are giving us the laptop and she is very excited'. Another was, 'this would be ideal for me as I have no legs and would use it to finish my fathers book he stated writing before he died'.

hyperemisis

Glad it's not just us! We put a very old laptop on freecycle a while ago … Glad it's not just us! We put a very old laptop on freecycle a while ago and the sob stories were very entertaining... One was 'I have told my disabled daughter you are giving us the laptop and she is very excited'. Another was, 'this would be ideal for me as I have no legs and would use it to finish my fathers book he stated writing before he died'.

No way! OMG that's awful, some people have no morals.

How bad will you lot feel if these stories are the truth pmsl

nikkib123

No way! OMG that's awful, some people have no morals.

kev_u8701r

How bad will you lot feel if these stories are the truth pmsl

Do you think they are?? Oh no I feel bad now ha ha

hyperemisis

'this would be ideal for me as I have no legs and would use it to finish … 'this would be ideal for me as I have no legs and would use it to finish my fathers book he stated writing before he died'.

I am a bad, bad, person. I am sorry, but this made me truely lol *skulks back into a shadowy corner*

hyperemisis

Glad it's not just us! We put a very old laptop on freecycle a while ago … Glad it's not just us! We put a very old laptop on freecycle a while ago and the sob stories were very entertaining... One was 'I have told my disabled daughter you are giving us the laptop and she is very excited'. Another was, 'this would be ideal for me as I have no legs and would use it to finish my fathers book he stated writing before he died'.

I wonder if the poor guys Mum with No Arms came to collect it :-/

Just use the local dump.Problem sorted.

Original Poster

Bully

So you'd put a 6 month old pool table, air hockey table and a football table in the bin? Bet you wouldnt. Plus I cant fit them in the car and the van isnt allowed in the dump without a booking!

Bully

Then the local travelling community come take it and sell it at the car boot. The problem is so bad in most dumps they have signs saying "no items to be removed".
    Edited by: "anewman" 16th Jan 2011

I tried to join my local freecycle as I had a bookcase that was too good to throw away. They wouldn't let me join !!!! So I put it on Ebay and got £26 for it !!

hahahaha lmfao

dcx_badass

This:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txmd5trrv6c

I just lmao at this I never saw this episode X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599
      4. TechInTheBasket?69

See more discussions