How should I dispose of unwanted knives?

31 replies
Found 8th Sep 2010
I've unearthed some pretty nasty looking knives during my garage clearout. Heaven only knows where they've come from, but they're certainly not meant for kitchen use... How should I dispose of these things? I daren't put them straight in the bin...

1. Misc
  2. Knife
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Knife
32 Comments

take them to your local police station

I personally would take them to your nearest police station and hand them over to them. Even if you take them to your local tip, someone could get hurt if they are as bad as you say.

Call your local police station first as if you are caught in possesion even if you are dropping them off you could be arrested. Mad I know!

Can we have some pics of you posing with them like a Ninja Assasin?

Original Poster

Thanks, thought so but wasn't sure. They are awful - I have no idea where they came from or what they were ever meant for. Will ring the station and see what they say. I know in some places they have amnesties for knives - I'm not sure I'd be able to explain these away if they start asking questions...

Yes I agree, at least phone police for advice?

Original Poster

Mallinersha

Can we have some pics of you posing with them like a Ninja Assasin?

No.

Banned

Just wrap them in newspaper and chuck them in the middle of your normal bin.

Then add rubbish on top.

Recycle them to the local gangs who can put them to good use?

Original Poster

mr.potato_head

Recycle them to the local gangs who can put them to good use?

I am heavily into recycling and reuse and all that... but this is probably a bit too far...

None are old WW2 stuff are they?

Found a bag of assorted bayonets in the loft and a Gurkha knife in the garage once.

Original Poster

Ungreat

None are old WW2 stuff are they?Found a bag of assorted bayonets in the … None are old WW2 stuff are they?Found a bag of assorted bayonets in the loft and a Gurkha knife in the garage once.

I really don't know. Look nasty, and certainly not kitcheny, but not considerably old. In addition I want to get rid of a spectacularly sharp cheese knife... I've emailed the police station, hopefully they'll tell me what to do... I do see the PCSO pass by nearly every day, so maybe I can fob them off on her!

Original Poster

The odd thing is, we've lived here nearly 6 years and never come across them before. I'm wondering if they were dumped/hidden when we were burgled a couple of months ago. Otherwise, we're just stupid and never saw them.

Banned

Penny Saver

The odd thing is, we've lived here nearly 6 years and never come across … The odd thing is, we've lived here nearly 6 years and never come across them before. I'm wondering if they were dumped/hidden when we were burgled a couple of months ago. Otherwise, we're just stupid and never saw them.

Tell the police about the possible burglary link.

Original Poster

inside101

I also reckon the police station is your best bet - this maybe OTT but I … I also reckon the police station is your best bet - this maybe OTT but I would perhaps ring or pop into your local station ( without the knifes) and tell/ask them first. That way if you were to get stopped on the way there with the knives on you by the police, you'll have an alibi.

Good idea. I'm not happy having them in the house, or carrying them with me, especially as I take the children with me everywhere, there's just too much that can go wrong. I'll look round in the car and the middle boy will be sawing his seatbelt off... that or his sister's head.

Original Poster

DLM

Tell the police about the possible burglary link.

I will - it's only just occurred to me tbh.

Banned

Penny Saver

2 crimes solved in one, maybe :3I will - it's only just occurred to me … 2 crimes solved in one, maybe :3I will - it's only just occurred to me tbh.

Banned

Penny Saver

Possibility of solving other crimes with the information

Check if there worth anything first.

Banned

Adam2050

Check if there worth anything first.

I don't think they will be worth anything with the blood stains on them
Edited by: "DLM" 8th Sep 2010

Penny Saver

Pennysaver - Here mister policeman is a big bag of knives.

Policeman - A bag of knives found in your house, with your fingerprints on them that may have been involved in crimes?

Pennysaver - Urrr?
Edited by: "Ungreat" 8th Sep 2010

Original Poster

Ungreat

Pennysaver - Here mister policeman is a big bag of knives.Policeman - A … Pennysaver - Here mister policeman is a big bag of knives.Policeman - A bag of knives found in your house, with your fingerprints that may have been involved in crimes?Pennysaver - Urrr?

My worry precisely.

Original Poster

flp14344

Like this

Cheeky. It does bring me back here rather rapidly...

Penny Saver

Cheeky. It does bring me back here rather rapidly...

not really, 1 and 2 on the list are the most helpful ones i guess,

Banned

flp14344

Like this

Why people bother with HUKD I will never know oO
Edited by: "DLM" 8th Sep 2010

DLM

Why people bother with HUKD I will never know oO

for fun

I wouldn't be surprised if we're reading an article later today on some internet knife fanatic who has been arrested due to being found in possession with 100 knives. =P

Interesting topic. Thing is, knowing the police if you took them in and did the right thing they would probably arrest you or something stupid.

seriously, i wanna see then knives now X) at least try and find a pic of a sililar one or something lol

where's Dog_Cop when you need him?? lol

just be careful when you tell the police you have them they don't send the armed response unit round and bash your back doors in !

Original Poster

arcangel111

where's Dog_Cop when you need him?? lol just be careful when you tell the … where's Dog_Cop when you need him?? lol just be careful when you tell the police you have them they don't send the armed response unit round and bash your back doors in !

lol, that happened to my friend, She redid her kitchen and they found a gun under one of the units. They rang the police and all hell broke loose. I don't know what she told them, because they'd had the house from new...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322832
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35150
    3. Sell old Lego by the kilo.22
    4. word association Game74244876

See more discussions